Photo

I HATE MACY'S

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: I HATE MACY'S (6 member(s) have cast votes)

So what do I do about these fuckers

1. Quit the job (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Accept part time (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Quit the job....SCANDALOUSLY (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sage

sage

Total Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

Wow I didn't think I would ever post in the Rant Pit but shit is just getting so out of hand. Don't laugh....I work at the Macy's. In the men's department, but.... Yeah. It's bad. Everyone knows that mall jobs aren't fun. Especially around Christmas time. All those people milling around our brightly lit, Christmasy displays and usually they don't even buy anything it's enough to drive any sane person completely DEMENTED.

It all started when we started ranking cashiers based on how many people fill out our online surveys. You know those things where you call a number (But for us its online) Now of course nobody fills these out except random people that want to fill out a quiz for some reason. It's just not that important. Jesus!!!

So....I'm a great Macy's employee. I keep the clothes filled up. I sell a lot of men's cologne. I offer credit to everyone! But in this Survey Contest or whatever it was I placed last and the supervisor took that opportunity to cut my hours to fifteen a week from forty. Now I know I just said I hate working at macy's. Well yeah it's bad. But I need the hours. I've got rent, car payments, and my gas bills in winter in ND! This is when I've been getting forty for months and months. Suddenly....15. This is with Christmas coming up and they're about to hire a bunch of new people too.

Well I guess you guys can't do much for me. Hell I'm pretty sure I'm going to quit so forget about the poll too. Here's some advice, though....Don't work at Macy's. Work somewhere else instead. Peace out. --Sage

#2 GummyBearOfDoom

GummyBearOfDoom

<3

• Donators
  • 11915 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

Well I said quit the job, but seeing as though you need to pay your bills it probably wont be the best idea until you have a job set up elsewhere.

But that sounds terrible, no one fills that online shit out except for mental health patients.

#3 Ceraziefish

Ceraziefish

Now back with a classic screenname!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16425 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

That's fucking ridiculous (the survey thing). They're not rewarding you for being a good worker, they're rewarding you for convincing people to take inane surveys (which only crazy people take, they have to know that -- how many of the people who designed those surveys would take a survey if someone behind the counter told them to?).

I'd get a new job if some shit like that happened... it might be hard, but think about it this way: is there really a way you could get a much worse job?

I was birthed from Artie's vagina?

old fiction: я пишу -|- my blog: the second time as farce

#4 Ikari Warrior

Ikari Warrior

JAWESOME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

work for Lord & Taylor, or one of Macy's other competitors?

Oh my god. She clearly has the Dumb on a level that our scouters can't measure.

#5 The Lone Magician

The Lone Magician

Eccentric Top Hat Manufacturer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8031 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

Keep the job for a while, but start looking for a better one.
I know I'd never fill out that dumb online survey, so it's a terrible way to rank people.

#6 Elitist Indie Hipster

Elitist Indie Hipster

caught in the past of tomorrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2727 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

yeah dude, keep the job for a while. I mean really, if you are down to 15 a week. Your still getting paid, and it gives you time to hand out resumes to other places. This could be a blessing in disguise. Or go talk to your manager. I am sure you can let your thoughts be known. Amazingly enough if your managaer isnt a thickskulled asshole this might work.

ggdnna missed woork haha WHOOPS!i guesstheyl just have to findsomneone slese to fillinforme like anyonewho has 2two working hadsn and arsm,. shit alal my firends arjust shellfsih pricks, one1thinsk hes thes most rormantic fucck in tehw wordl whwen he es acctuyll juist theas bust msfeltsih fuck wheo doessnt ttasek hgis freiasnpartenr.givve ita ffew yrdas and i;;n surehell rprobably rlockd upforrearpe or ssomefshit lkeh thas.hahadamn gots skike fosur ffreiends hwod prroally jsust nott agive a flsying fccuk if i dieed inamy slseep tontgugtit,.

SEEDDNSA AI THESD FAMILK BOASST MUTTHA FFCUASKs

#7 Samurai Drifter

Samurai Drifter

Thought-criminal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9091 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

Keep the job until you find something different.

Spend the remainder of your days there not doing shit except planning an untraceable way to give yourself a nice "bonus" on the way out.

(I voted for all three poll options btw).

#8 sage

sage

Total Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, there's really no point keeping track of those surveys.

I couldn't get a much worse job, but i have this problem i have really bad OCD and I'm paranoid about smelling bad. I worked at a pizza place once and the smell of my skin would give me retarded nightmares. Plus the workstation was arranged differently every day. Thats part of why I liked the Macys too everything pretty much stays where you put it. I don't think anyone noticed that at macy's though. I guess they definitely wouldn't notice any of that anywhere else.

I went to work today.....still pretty frustrated.....the supervisor sucks WOW MY WHOLE LIFE IS TERRIBLE!!! I dunno what I'm going to do. All I know is despite all they've done I'm doing what I'm supposed to do and doing it right!!!

#9 punroc1

punroc1

Swagger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

work for Lord & Taylor, or one of Macy's other competitors?

Not to be a troll but Lord and Taylor is just a higher end version of macy's that is wait for it owned by Macy's. Case and point Macy's owns every taditional mall department store brand except that of JCpenny's Sears and the rare but existent Bon Ton.

#10 Ikari Warrior

Ikari Warrior

JAWESOME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

The good news about that fact is that if the OP knows how to run things in a Macy's, it shouldn't take much to transit to Lord & Taylor if he so chooses.

Oh my god. She clearly has the Dumb on a level that our scouters can't measure.

#11 Elitist Indie Hipster

Elitist Indie Hipster

caught in the past of tomorrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2727 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

Not to be a troll but Lord and Taylor is just a higher end version of macy's that is wait for it owned by Macy's. Case and point Macy's owns every taditional mall department store brand except that of JCpenny's Sears and the rare but existent Bon Ton.

Wow, didnt know JC Penny owned sears

ggdnna missed woork haha WHOOPS!i guesstheyl just have to findsomneone slese to fillinforme like anyonewho has 2two working hadsn and arsm,. shit alal my firends arjust shellfsih pricks, one1thinsk hes thes most rormantic fucck in tehw wordl whwen he es acctuyll juist theas bust msfeltsih fuck wheo doessnt ttasek hgis freiasnpartenr.givve ita ffew yrdas and i;;n surehell rprobably rlockd upforrearpe or ssomefshit lkeh thas.hahadamn gots skike fosur ffreiends hwod prroally jsust nott agive a flsying fccuk if i dieed inamy slseep tontgugtit,.

SEEDDNSA AI THESD FAMILK BOASST MUTTHA FFCUASKs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users