Accelerated Evolution

How the government is spending your money

Military does cost more than education no matter how you slice it. But yeah, if we took 1% from military and put it on education then the directors of education would get the huge pay raises they deserve (sarcasm).

that might happen, but some school buildings might get repaired, teachers might get more money etc

that might happen, but some school buildings might get repaired, teachers might get more money etc

In Baltimore our school system made more money than it has in a long time last year (Still in the red, but it's an improvement). And instead of this money which technically was added to the budget going to repairing schools or being stored away we are planning on closing many schools. Meanwhile, the higher-ups get a lot of money while kids drop out, turn to drugs, and kill a person a day.

I don't think it works for the Canadian..

But here's how our provincial government spends our money where I live. First he pays of the provincial debt and we are the first province in Canada to do so. Then the premier decides to give everybody $400 from the provincial surplus, because we are just that awesome.

About a month after receiving the last of the cheques, he decides again maybe, just maybe he should hand out the surplus to all Albertans; just for being awesome and Albertan, AGAIN.

And I say, why not? Go ahead, show me the money!

I don't think it works for the Canadian..

But here's how our provincial government spends our money where I live. First he pays of the provincial debt and we are the first province in Canada to do so. Then the premier decides to give everybody $400 from the provincial surplus, because we are just that awesome.

About a month after receiving the last of the cheques, he decides again maybe, just maybe he should hand out the surplus to all Albertans; just for being awesome and Albertan, AGAIN.

And I say, why not? Go ahead, show me the money!

I'm moving to fucking Canada. Do you guys even have military spending? :biggrin:

I believe the current Canadian government will increase military spending and they should. I don't believe that it will affect Alberta's surplus.

Alberta sounds sweet. I know Canada is in Afghanistan, soldiers occasionally die there, so they must not only have a military, but use it. Do you guys not have politicians who engage in massive pork projects? Do you guys have a cure for cancer? Really, besides getting somewhere warm, is there anything Canada can do better?

Alberta sounds sweet. I know Canada is in Afghanistan, soldiers occasionally die there, so they must not only have a military, but use it. Do you guys not have politicians who engage in massive pork projects? Do you guys have a cure for cancer? Really, besides getting somewhere warm, is there anything Canada can do better?

We - Alberta - has prosperity cheques.

Canada has love and peace. XD

There's a fellow on livejournal by name of "lordmork." He is Albertan, and can be found here. Thanks to him, I've found out that not only does Canada have pork projects, it has corruption so massive it took down a decade-long party government. Canada has internal multinational problems, such as dealing with the First Nations and the legendarily irascable Quebecois. Canadians, it seems, are a lot like Americans, and all those other humans on Earth: laughing, loving, producing saints and sinners, fundamentally imperfect and subject to gravity.