Accelerated Evolution

Metal Gear 1 & 2 Collection

Akito

I bought the Metal Gear 1 & 2 Collection today (you know, that one that comes with Metal Gear Solid 3 as a special bonus), and it's pretty badass. Seriously, it's great that Konami is reviving two great 8-bit classics. I no longer have to struggle with all these crappy MSX emulators in order to play Metal Gear 2 (which I must add is quite an impressive game for its time). I would have preferred the NES version of first Metal Gear over the MSX version, but I guess it's really no big deal.

Discuss.

Subsistence is defiantly the best double dipped game in the series, or any DD'd game for that matter. Even the online mode is worth the $30 price tag alone.

Haven't got around to playing MG or MG2, but finished Snake Eater again today. The new 3D camera makes it a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Nope. It's all been properly retranslated. :[

You're thinking of the NES version, the MSX ones have never been (officialy) translated.

Well, I played MG1 for about 10 minutes, and it started out inside the first base. So I'm not sure if the truck-riding sequences are even in this version of the game. But I could be wrong.

You'll need a cardboard box first.

EDIT: Nevermind. Tried it without the box this time and it still moved, however i've only seen one truck that does this.

After five hours or so into Metal Gear 2, I have to say that whoever designed the manual deserves to be socked in the face.

About 3 or so times already the game has told me to check the "manual" to move on into the game. However, Subsistence doesn't cover any of this information. So just a heads up to anyone who wants to compelete MG2, you'll need an faq handy for some spots.

do you have a link to a place where I could get this bonus pack?

Mostly any retail chain that carries video games will have it, like Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.

There is a limited edition version of it too, but the first two MG games are on both editions.