Accelerated Evolution

something ive been aware of for some time...

that's pure racist propaganda.

way to play the "UHH THEY HATE US AND ARE BAD" card. oldest trick ever. works well esp. in cases of extreme injustice carried out by the group in power (white people) because whenever anyone else speaks up, you can just reply, "WHAT, YOU'RE TRYING TO BRING US DOWN! MY WAY OF LIFE IS IN DANGER. OH MY GOD" and do the martyr thing

-----

Okay now for my opinions on immigration because you know you're asking for it:

- illegal immigration = bad since immigrants end up getting paid ridiculously bad wages and are stuck in their low position which does not benefit anyone except large corporations which I hate anyway, as well as increasing unemployment for legal workers at minimum wage jobs.

- making legal immigration easier = good. this makes it easier to provide access to English language learning programs, reasonable jobs, unions, education for their children to bridge the class gap, etc. All of this should be adequately funded. I think it is absolutely the United States' responsibility to accept everyone who comes here searching for a better life (except in cases of drugs etc). We took this on hundreds of years ago :P

(Also, most of the complaints on that site wouldn't like exist at all if people weren't so apathetic about helping illegal immigrants become you know NOT ILLEGAL instead of just moaning "uh, i don't speak spanish. they left trash on my lawn. i hate mexico they should go die")

that's pure racist propaganda.

way to play the "UHH THEY HATE US" card. This is about the oldest tactic used to provoke popular racist support ever.

Where's this "racist propaganda" that you're talking about?

What, where? Didn't think so!

Your argument is nothing more then the basic; "OZMG PEOPLE AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!1!!1 RACIST, RACIST THEY MUST BE RACIST!!!1!"

Where's this "racist propaganda" that you're talking about?

What, where? Didn't think so!

Your argument is nothing more then the basic; "OZMG PEOPLE AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!1!!1 RACIST, RACIST THEY MUST BE RACIST!!!1!"

The website opens with the alleged "mission statement" of many Mexican groups:

"For the race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing."

I just thought it was a racist tactic, automatically telling visitors, "Mexicans hate non-Mexicans!". As I said, a really great way to get people who don't want to do anything obviously racist to listen to talk against a particular group, or even just have a worse idea of them, is to say "Well, they hate you already."

....Also their domain name, durr.

I also edited my post with my opinions and I am also against illegal immigration. :P

Oh snap! A-dub just dropped it like it's hawt!

On a serious note, I think they should really take their web site seriously. Nobody is going to be attracted to a site that looks like it was designed by an unfrozen web designer from the 90's, so how are they ever going to spread their message across?

The website opens with the alleged "mission statement" of many Mexican groups:

"For the race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing."

Isn't that the basic logic of any group whose only job is to fight for one group/type of people? :huh:

One of the reasons why I don't like said types of groups.

I just thought it was a racist tactic, automatically telling visitors, "Mexicans hate non-Mexicans!".

If you read through the site you would see that its whole point was to counter some of the more hate filled or demonizing groups. Groups who use the very tactics you're talking about!

As I said, a really great way to get people who don't want to do anything obviously racist to listen to talk against a particular group is to tell them "Well, they hate you already."

Agreed! *See ^

....Also their domain name, durr.

I also edited my post with my opinions and I am also against illegal immigration. :P

I'm not a fan of the name either. ;)

I see that. Some of the groups the site's talking about aren't though.

Isn't that the basic logic of any group whose only job is to fight for one group/type of people? :huh:

No, most groups like that want to help everyone and be fair, but in the interest of realism focus on one in particular with equality as the ultimate goal.

If you read through the site you would see that its whole point was to counter some of the more hate filled or demonizing groups. Groups who use the very tactics you're talking about!

I did see that, but it's obviously "reverse racism", eye for an eye etc, which is ridiculous because we have so much more power than them seriously. :P Instead of creating sites like this, US people should try to mediate conflict and find compromise. This is the worst possible thing because it will just create more fuel for racist groups on both sides.

also regarding "fuera de la raza"/mistranslations, i'll let wikipedia do the talking

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada: This phrase was penned by the Chicano poet Alurista in 1969 and appears in the preamble of El Plan Espiritual de Aztlán. One possible translation of this is "For the Race, everything; outside of the Race, nothing." Another translation is "By the people, everything; outside of the people, nothing." Many people within MEChA understand this as a sentiment similar to "United we stand, divided we fall".[2] Further, the term La Raza refers to a group of people who are of mestizo origin and often reject narrow definitions of race, and is more commonly translated as "the people". But commentators who have translated the slogan literally have understood the Spanish word por as "for" rather than "by" and have translated "La Raza" literally, thus giving the first interpretation, which could be construed as racist. The phrase is often referred to by critics as a "slogan" of MEChA, although the slogan's importance rises and falls among all the different chapters of MEChA.

Dude. A propaganda site's motive should be clear from just a glance, otherwise their message has obviously not come across clearly enough. From a glance at their front page, I'm not really sure what exactly they're saying they're against.

Of course, it helps that I don't know what the hell "gringo" means, other than it being a slur of some sort. Given that I don't know what it means, though, I'm sure there are plenty of others who don't.

I was looking around the site when I found this story!

It's not really off topic seeing as how it has to do with the reason (point) for the site.

Weast favors illegal aliens over student safety

Jerry Weast, the enlightened superintendent of Montgomery County's public schools, was prepared to sacrifice the safety of the students to preserve the working status of illegal aliens.

Mr. Weast advised the school board not to vote on Maryland House Bill 531, which would require contractors for the state's public schools to conduct background checks on their employees.

His fear was that background checks would lead to the uncovering of illegal aliens in the work force and result in their prosecution and deportation.

Alas, this fear trumped the fear of sex offenders laboring in the vicinity of what they view as prey.

It is a fear that has haunted Melissa Andersen, a 42-year-old Kensington resident who has two children in the Rock View Elementary School. Hers is a fear that haunts all parents.

"The point is, when a superintendent is hired, you would think the safety of the students would be one of the primary concerns," Mrs. Andersen said. "It's just kind of disgusting."

It is unacceptable, is what it is, that a school superintendent would be more concerned with the plight of illegal aliens than the prospect of innocent children possibly being put in harm's way of a sexual predator. And that is not a hypothetical prospect.

Mrs. Andersen tells the story of a parent volunteer who recognized a construction worker at Rocky Hill Middle School last year from a photograph posted on the Maryland Sex Offender Registry. The principal, of course, responded accordingly and had the sex offender banned from school grounds.

But that prompted many of Montgomery County's parents to wonder how this could happen, only to discover an unsettling policy that asked too few questions and left a gaping hole in the system's security apparatus.

The county public school system was functioning with a double standard. It required its employees to undergo background checks but waived that requirement for the contractors it employed.

Mrs. Andersen recognizes the unfortunate political dimension of her safety concerns. She has followed the work of CASA of Maryland, an advocacy group that champions the rights of illegal aliens, however obtuse the notion is. There is an incredible failure to comprehend the word illegal that comes before alien.

Mrs. Andersen knows that being tarred as an anti-immigration zealot, or worse, is intended to silence otherwise lucid views.

Secong Page >>>

That is fucking sick! icon8.gif

It's things like this that make me hate people with views like that.

And if anyone needs any more proof for the reasons behind the site.

Ok, I know the ACLU isn't really a good example of a pro Immigrant group, being bias and well... a joke. (That's a whole other topic though. :wink: ) But it proves the point well enough.

ALBUQUERQUE - As the vigilante "Minuteman Project" prepares to hunt for undocumented immigrants along the U.S.-New Mexico border this month, the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico today screened a new film documenting the efforts of border communities to stand up to the group.

The film, "Undocumented: The Other Side of the Minuteman Project," contains detailed footage from patrols last April in Arizona, in which the ACLU of Arizona and the American Friends Service Committee of Arizona joined forces to train legal observers to monitor the Minuteman Project. Legal observing is currently under way in California and will begin this month in New Mexico and Texas.

"Nothing good can come from people taking the law into their own hands," said ACLU of New Mexico Executive Director Peter Simonson. "The situation only gets worse when they start carrying firearms and when their motivations are based on racial difference. By passively monitoring the vigilantes, we hope to dissuade them from falsely arresting people who, because of their skin color, are assumed to be undocumented immigrants. The documentary illustrates the successes and experiences of such a project in Arizona."

The ACLU of New Mexico is training teams of volunteer legal observers to follow, photograph, and videotape the Minutemen, and gather evidence for possible civil rights lawsuits. Trainings are taking place in El Paso and Las Cruces.

Ray Ybarra, an Ira Glasser Racial Justice Fellow with the national ACLU, has been organizing concerned citizens to keep an eye on vigilante groups that are forming on New Mexico's southern border. Last spring, Ybarra organized 130 volunteers to keep an eye on the Minutemen in Arizona. Observers are instructed not to talk with or otherwise engage the Minutemen, in order to avoid confrontations.

"My hope is that like slavery and racial segregation, future generations will look back upon the Minuteman Project, and this period on the border as whole, with outrage and with disbelief," said Ybarra.

The Minutemen will begin patrolling this Saturday and the ACLU will be out observing their activities. For more information, go to: www.vigilantewatch.org.

Or this little quote.

The Minuteman Project, a widely publicized event planned for the month of April, has the potential to bring more than a thousand critics of U.S. immigration policy to Arizona for the stated purpose of protesting the alleged lack of enforcement at the U.S.- Mexico Border.

What the FUCK?! These people are literally insane! They don't have a clue as to what they're talking about...

---

And my "favorite," from a sister site.

During April 2005 the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona and the American Friends Service Committee of Arizona joined forces to train ‘legal observers’ for the Minuteman Project. A video of the project can be found here: witness.org.

The Minuteman Project was founded on the precept that people of color are ‘destroying’ our society and the ‘invasion’ from the south will result in the destruction of the United States of America.

100% complete lie!

Neither their rhetoric or actions are original. Similar arguments were made about people of color by the Ku Klux Klan, and in fact the Ku Klux Klan was the group who originally drew national headlines when they organized armed patrols of the U.S.-Mexico border.

Misunderstanding and fear towards people of color is still a phenomenon that exists in 21st century America. The vigilantes are an overt manifestation of this misunderstanding and fear and are the latest example of a long history of hatred towards a group of ‘others.’

The negative attitudes towards immigrants today has the same root cause as other movements against minority groups. It is the fear that an inferior group is not worthy of participation in America and is in fact destroying ‘American’ way of life.

The constant monitoring of the individuals filled with hatred and fear towards people of color was so successful that not a single migrant was physically abused.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

The program has since been replicated in California and is being organized by the American Civil Liberties Union of San Diego, the La Raza Lawyers Association, American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the National Lawyers Guild.

Wow... Just.. fucking....wow.......! :mellow::angry::ohmy::dry::rolleyes: :laugh:

The League of United Latin America Citizens (LULAC) set up the website called WeAreRacists.com. It had photos of our friends, portrayed as racists.

We were infuriated and decided to build a website.

WeHateGringos.com is online to counter the false information dished out by Mexican hate groups and spoon-fed to Americans by the mainstream media.

I read that and then just decided to deem the rest of the site as retarded bullshit. Anyone who tries to stop hate by creating more hate is an idiot, and thus everything they write is stupid.

I read that and then just decided to deem the rest of the site as retarded bullshit. Anyone who tries to stop hate by creating more hate is an idiot, and thus everything they write is stupid.

ahh why can I never think of the concise way to say things.