Accelerated Evolution

FOX renews the Simpsons

Fox has ordered two additional seasons of The Simpsons, pushing its total to 19 through the 2007-2008 season.

Having debuted on Jan. 14, 1990, The Simpsons reigns as the longest-running animated series in history and the longest-running primetime scripted series currently on television.

The Simpsons will reach 400 episodes in May 2007.

Fox also announced that King of the Hill has been picked up for an 11th season.

Let them die with some dignity!

Honestly I am so sick of the simpsons. I used to love the show and then one day when I was watching it I realized it no longer made me laugh. Bad enough the re runs are on every 2 seconds, they have to keep either killing people off or making people come out just to keep people watching.

And even sadder.......they are making a movie which I think is supposed to come out in 2008.

Honestly I am so sick of the simpsons. I used to love the show and then one day when I was watching it I realized it no longer made me laugh. Bad enough the re runs are on every 2 seconds, they have to keep either killing people off or making people come out just to keep people watching.

And even sadder.......they are making a movie which I think is supposed to come out in 2008.

I like the reruns. I can watch old Simpsons episodes all day long.

I will say that the rampant renewal of The Simpsons has led to one and only one good thing; Ricky Gervais writing an episode (that will air TONIGHT holy god I just realized). If Ricky Gervais of all people cannot write a good episode of The Simpsons there is no hope left, so I will watch tonight's show with great interest.

- Masked Man #2

I will say that the rampant renewal of The Simpsons has led to one and only one good thing; Ricky Gervais writing an episode (that will air TONIGHT holy god I just realized). If Ricky Gervais of all people cannot write a good episode of The Simpsons there is no hope left, so I will watch tonight's show with great interest.

- Masked Man #2

Holy shit... You post!