Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
darkon

MLB Thread

Fuck Yes...Detroit got Washburn..now they have 3 solid pitchers and Fuck You O's..you won't get a win in Comerica park that easily

Yanks have the best record in baseball?

I'm scared.

~

lol So yeah, I don't care about catching the Yankees at this point. The rays are battling the Bo Sox and Rangers for the last spot.

It's still a huge crap shoot in the NL side of things. lol

I think the Sox are done for the year, but I guess I probably shouldn't discount them.

The Yanks pitched two shutout games in a row.

Going for the 4 game sweep today, going to be hard, Pettitte has to bring his A game.

Btw I'd like to see the Ray's or Ranger's take WC over Red Sox.

Looks like it's time for the Yankees to begin to run away with the AL East. Meanwhile in the NL East, here comes Florida.

We're looking at a lot of exciting playoff races this year. AL Central, Wild Card, NL East, NL Central, NL Wild Card, and potentially NL West.

Dear Jays,

Thank you for failing to sign 3 of your 4 draft picks, giving alex rios away for fuck all, and more or less refusing to trade Doc Halladay even though he said he wont be coming back. Yup , thanks JP Ricciardi, you have clearly given us a bright future , and we will surely be able to compete with Baltimore , NYY and BoSox in the next 2 - 3 years.

P.S. JP i am glad you signed a contract extension last year, we are definitely heading in the right direction

Sincerely

Devon (A very content fan)

Cliff Lee > Roy Halladay

Wow, you must not watch baseball, that is probably the most untrue statement i have ever seen. Halladay has been the most consistent and durable pitcher over the last 5-6 years. Especially considering the team he is on. Just to humor me, what was Cliff Lee's record before the trade? I mean Cleveland probably is about as good as Toronto, so i am curious how he fared before he got traded to a run powerhouse.

Beg to differ. Name another pitcher that has Consistently played as many complete games, as many annual wins, and as many strikeouts in the last 5 years. Then when you do that take the caliber of the team and factor that into the equation.

Josh Beckett, Sabathia, Lincecom, Santana, Papelbon, Mariano Rivera....just to name a few.

and who cares if the last two are closers, they are still better pitchers then Halladay.

Beckett is still the best in the game right now.

and Cliff Lee? 6 wins, 3 complete games as a Phil. Please tell me those are bad stats. PLEASE.

The "what have you done for me lately bug" is biting Roy in the ass, because he has faltered as of late.

huh?

You asked what pitchers were better, I gave you that list.

I didn't miss what you said, dur. It's right there.

=)

huh?

You asked what pitchers were better, I gave you that list.

I didn't miss what you said, dur. It's right there.

=)

gotcha, im dropping it. And in other news the Yankees are well on their way to the world series. This is the year we will see if money truly does buy championships.

Yeah I hate to agree with Link but the Phil's definitely looks like the team to beat now... I clearly can't see another team in the NL beating them at this point, The Dodgers are in a sucky ass division... and old ass John Smoltz.. won't do shit for the Cards... and the Texas rangers... haha yeah right they will jus fade into the Sunset.. and my Tigers...even with the acquisition of Huff and Washburn... still can't do shit.... if the the bats stay asleep for too long.

I think the Jays org is pretty terrible, what they did to Halladay was completley dick, telling him he was going to possibly be traded? Yea. Nice job, also the Rios debacle.

Also,Indie, every team can buy players. The yankees buying players to try to win games obviously hasn't worked in the past and in fact is not the reason this team is playing this well now. People like Cervelli, Ransom, Swisher, Berroa (when he was with us), Phil Hughes in the BP, Joba stepping up. Even people like Gaudin and Mitre have done relatively well.

The Yankees have a huge payroll, but it's only because many of the players are HUGELY overpaid. If any of those same players were on another team they'd be making 1/4th if that of what they make at the Yankees.

Oh and my family has been Yankees fans for years, he saw Dimaggio play back in the day.

Btw, the only team to win a WS with a payroll of over 100 million is the Boston Red Sox. Get used to teams buying players, because it's not against the rules and won't change. Too much money involved in it now.

Granted they have had a huge payroll in the past and not done shit. But it doesnt mean that with that huge payroll they have been able to muscle players away from other teams if you will. In the past their big aquisitions have come off big years only to be shitty with the yanks or just gotten old(Giambi). By all means i am not hating on the yanks that much. I am just saying that the Jays with their payroll and their management issues will never be in shape to compete against anyteam in arguably the most talented division in baseball.

A Rod and Jeter combined make more money then the entire Rays team.

We have talent, they buy talent.

Yeah but you also got talent through the draft. When you finish in the bottom 3 every year your bound to have great draft picks.

Wow, you must not watch baseball, that is probably the most untrue statement i have ever seen. Halladay has been the most consistent and durable pitcher over the last 5-6 years. Especially considering the team he is on. Just to humor me, what was Cliff Lee's record before the trade? I mean Cleveland probably is about as good as Toronto, so i am curious how he fared before he got traded to a run powerhouse.

What did he do before he got traded?

I don't know, he kind of did win the Cy Young award last year with a 22-3 record and a 2.53 ERA. Also, despite the losing record with the Indians this year, he had a good 3.14 ERA which isn't that far off from Halladay's current 3.03.

Then you can include what Cliff Lee has done since being traded to the Phils. That makes it obvious who has been better this year, and it's Lee.

You also accuse me of not watching baseball and then you go ahead and judge a pitchers worth on wins and losses. That is ALMOST, although not quite, as dumb as judging a hitters worth on his batting average. It's totally stupid.

whats sad is that the Pirates and Indians farm systems have phenomanal talent... but yet they keep trading away their players.