Accelerated Evolution

New Fantastic Four Series on Cartoon Network

ffanimation.jpg

Marvel Studios on Tuesday released a new image from the Fantastic Four animated series.

As previously reported, the show will air on Cartoon Network. The Continuum has learned the first animation is coming back on the series, which is targeted for a fall start.

Co-produced by Marvel Studios and Moonscoop, Fantastic Four will combine a mix of 2D and 3D animation. The initial season broadcast commitment for the series on Cartoon Network is 26 half-hour episodes.

The domestic deal, announced on Tuesday, makes Cartoon Network the global home for the Fantastic Four animated series. Late last year, the broadcaster struck a deal with Moonscoop to carry the series in all territories outside the U.S.

"Cartoon Network is the perfect home for the Fantastic Four. The network has established itself as one of the top providers of high-quality animation entertainment. Their commitment to this series will further Marvel's mission to drive consistent, high-profile exposure and excitement for The Fantastic Four franchise worldwide," said Michael Helfant, president and COO of Marvel Studios. "The television series furthers our aggressive strategy to fully support our characters through feature films, DVDs, video games, merchandising and television animation."

This will mark the fourth animated series featuring the FF, following one produced by Hanna-Barbera in the 1960s; a short-lived show on NBC that replaced the Human Torch with H.E.R.B.I.E. the Robot; and two seasons in the mid-1990s as part of the syndicated Marvel Action Hour.

I really hope it will be a good series, but after the stinkbomb that was the Fantastic Four movie I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

Marvel's Avi Arad is an executive producer on the new show.

Really, shouldn't this go without saying by now? What hasn't he produced?

EDIT: Is that an f'ing 4 insignia spray painted on Thing's chest?!

I hope we have all of these things every episode, just like the 90's series had:

1. Mr. Fantastic having a convenient device that happens to meet the situation, proving that it is ridiculous that Reed can't fix The Thing's ailment.

2. The Thing commenting on how Mr. Fantastic needs to put things in laymen's terms because it is a kid's show, and just like Venkmen had to do with Eegon in Ghostbusters.

3. The Human Torch complaining about dames, and then not caring about the girl he was complaining about when another girl shows up.

4. The Invisible Woman commenting on how "I can't hold this force field much longer!" Even though she has held an active force field over the entire city of Manhattan for at least 20 minutes

And make Dr. Doom, one of Marvel's most dangerous villains, even more incompetent.

I hope we have all of these things every episode, just like the 90's series had:

1. Mr. Fantastic having a convenient device that happens to meet the situation, proving that it is ridiculous that Reed can't fix The Thing's ailment.

2. The Thing commenting on how Mr. Fantastic needs to put things in laymen's terms because it is a kid's show, and just like Venkmen had to do with Eegon in Ghostbusters.

3. The Human Torch complaining about dames, and then not caring about the girl he was complaining about when another girl shows up.

4. The Invisible Woman commenting on how "I can't hold this force field much longer!" Even though she has held an active force field over the entire city of Manhattan for at least 20 minutes

And make Dr. Doom, one of Marvel's most dangerous villains, even more incompetent.

Then there's the Ghost Rider 'deus ex machina' cameo.

The characters look like the movie counterparts. That's definitely an anime version of Jessica Alba and that dick who played Reed Richards if I've ever seen them.

That promo picture looks nothing like this...

Fantastic_four_poster.jpg

The new animated versions look more like the Ultimate versions of the Fantastic Four.

Who couldn't blame them for doing so? X-Men Evolution, Batman Beyond, and any other younger-ised version of superheroes worked. But that is no excuse for Invisible Woman looking like a whore.

Except when X-men first started, they were young and Batman Beyond is just a future retelling of the original batman mythos (basically) and batman was young when he started. The F4, however, only had one actual young person Johnny Storm. At least the other ones weren't far off the mark. This is just ridiculous, though.

Except when X-men first started, they were young and Batman Beyond is just a future retelling of the original batman mythos (basically) and batman was young when he started. The F4, however, only had one actual young person Johnny Storm. At least the other ones weren't far off the mark. This is just ridiculous, though.

Batman Beyond's not a future retelling of the original mythos. Bruce was never a criminal and didn't stay at juvie prisons frequently. Batman Beyond was a continuation of the mythos, depicting an elderly Bruce Wayne passing on the mantle of Batman to another troubled youth, but troubled for different reasons. Terry McGuiness was basically Spider-Man in Batman drag, with his teen angst and reluctantcy to continue being a hero because of the enormous burden of responsibility.

Then Justice League Unlimited had to go and pull the clone card, making Terry a "half-clone" of Bruce in the creepiest way possible, by sneaking Bruce's man gravy into Mr. McGuiness' testes.

Batman Beyond's not a future retelling of the original mythos. Bruce was never a criminal and didn't stay at juvie prisons frequently. Batman Beyond was a continuation of the mythos, depicting an elderly Bruce Wayne passing on the mantle of Batman to another troubled youth, but troubled for different reasons. Terry McGuiness was basically Spider-Man in Batman drag, with his teen angst and reluctantcy to continue being a hero because of the enormous burden of responsibility.

Then Justice League Unlimited had to go and pull the clone card, making Terry a "half-clone" of Bruce in the creepiest way possible, by sneaking Bruce's man gravy into Mr. McGuiness' testes.

When I say retelling, I just meant that it's a revamp with a new Batman... not like The Batman (which is just horrible).

• 4 months later...

Update for those who even care: the series premieres this Saturday on Cartoon Network at 8 pm!

EDIT: Oh, here is the voice cast for the series...

HIRO KANAGAWA as "REED RICHARDS/MR. FANTASTIC"

LARA GILCHRIST as "SUSAN STORM/INVISIBLE WOMAN"

CHRISTOPHER JACOT as "JOHNNY STORM/HUMAN TORCH"

BRIAN DOBSON as "BEN GRIMM/THING"

SAM VINCENT as "H.E.R.B.I.E."

PAUL DOBSON as "DR. VICTOR VON DOOM/DOOM" and "MOLE MAN"

LAURA DRUMMOND as "COURTNEY BONNER-DAVIES"

SUNITA PRASAD as "ALICIA MASTERS"

ALVIN SANDERS as "PHILLIP MASTERS/PUPPETMASTER"

Smile gang, your animation style is generic!

FF_Surf.jpg

Why?! Why did they spray paint a "4" on his chest?!

WTF is up with Doom's arms?

Dr-Doom-attitu.jpg

FF_Doom.jpg