Accelerated Evolution

Nintendo Wi-Fi

Alright I got the little connector thing, everything goes fine in the install but then it gets to internet connection sharing and Fs up, not with the internet but it says "Error please insert Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector into USB port" which it already is...so anyone got any suggestions?

God damn it, does anyone ever listen to me? That's the exact problem I've been having, and I bought mine back in November. The problem has yet to be solved. There are topics about it at Nintendo WiFi forums, but as of yet, nobody has been able to find a solution. Nintendo's tech support has no clue what the fuck is happening, and at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever figure it out. Just return the piece of shit and buy a wireless router.

This thread just prompted me to try my PSPs wireless connection. Works awesome. :D Have fun with your Nintendo.

Yeah, we'll have fun playing all the good games while you watch UMD movies and play watered down ports.

And by the way, this isn't a problem with DS's design. It's a problem with Windows XP not being able to detect high speed USB devices properly.

Alright I got the little connector thing, everything goes fine in the install but then it gets to internet connection sharing and Fs up, not with the internet but it says "Error please insert Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector into USB port" which it already is...so anyone got any suggestions?

Help us out. :(

Yeah, we'll have fun playing all the good games while you watch UMD movies and play watered down ports.

And by the way, this isn't a problem with DS's design. It's a problem with Windows XP not being able to detect high speed USB devices properly.

Well, according to the PSP there are two wireless routers hidden somewhere in the house. ..or neighbors house? So, no problems there.

This is a problem with ahrdware and software outside of the DS. Seeing as I own both, I'm mush happier with the online experience on my DS.

I'm not having any problems finding good games with the PSP seeing as how I don't use it all that much. By the time I finally beat one game, another good ones comes out. My favorite games are racing sims, so I'm mostly waiting on Gran Turismo for PSP.

Well, according to the PSP there are two wireless routers hidden somewhere in the house. ..or neighbors house? So, no problems there.

I don't think you understand this thread at all. My DS detects my wireless router (as well as my neighbor's wireless router) just fine. If DRL were close to a wireless router, his DS would detect it just fine. But since DRL doesn't have a wireless router, he chose to buy a USB WiFi adaptor instead. If he could get the software to install properly, his DS would be able to connect to Nintendo WiFi through this USB device. But the problem is, the software won't install properly due to some glitch with Windows XP involving high-speed USB devices.

Of course, you may be too much of a dumbass to understand what's going on, so let me put this clearly: buying a PSP won't solve his problem. A PSP is not going to be able to connect through his USB device, especially since he can't get the solfware to install. Does it make sense now?

I don't think you understand this thread at all. My DS detects my wireless router (as well as my neighbor's wireless router) just fine. If DRL were close to a wireless router, his DS would detect it just fine. But since DRL doesn't have a wireless router, he chose to buy a USB WiFi adaptor instead. If he could get the software to install properly, his DS would be able to connect to Nintendo WiFi through this USB device. But the problem is, the software won't install properly due to some glitch with Windows XP involving high-speed USB devices.

Of course, you may be too much of a dumbass to understand what's going on, so let me put this clearly: buying a PSP won't solve his problem. A PSP is not going to be able to connect through his USB device, especially since he can't get the solfware to install. Does it make sense now?

I didn't say anyone should get a PSP. All I said was that this thread prompted me to try the PSPs Wi-Fi and it works for me. No need to get all jumpy. :smile:

Does this wifi thing happen to everyone? I'm thinking about buying it.

Apparently it works fine for most people. But buying one really is a gamble. Hopefully you'll be able to get a refund if you can't get it to work properly. I held onto mine just in case someone found a solution, but now I don't even need it since I have a wireless router. Big waste of $40.

I didn't say anyone should get a PSP. All I said was that this thread prompted me to try the PSPs Wi-Fi and it works for me. No need to get all jumpy. :smile:

Whatever. But reading all this PSP praising does make me feel a little sick to my stomach.