Accelerated Evolution

Shazam Movie

Now while I may not be familiar with the Shazaam character, I certain hope that the above doesn't happen. Hell if I had it my way I would make it so Adam Sandler was barred from having any part in movies for the rest of eternity~

Shazam was a wizard who gave a young boy the ability to call upon the powers gods and legends. When he transformed he became Captain Marvel and rivaled Superman in power.

The only time I've ever really been intererested in Captin Marvel is when he's fighting Superman. Hell, I think I can only even name one of his enemies (Black Adam is from Captin Marvel, right?).

Black Adam use to be a villain, and yes, he was Captain Marvel arch nemesis for a long time. But alas, Black Adam has become an anti-hero.

Oh yeah, that's right... DC made two Supermans (men?).

Fuckers.

DC didn't create Captain Marvel, they just bought him. He was actually created by a company called Fawcett Comics. DC bought Captain Marvel during the decline in superhero popularity and after they filed a copyright lawsuit against Fawcett because Marvel was very similar to Superman.

It's hard to believe that there was once a time when Marvel was more popular than Superman.

DC didn't create Captain Marvel, they just bought him. He was actually created by a company called Fawcett Comics. DC bought Captain Marvel during the decline in superhero popularity and after they filed a copyright lawsuit against Fawcett because Marvel was very similar to Superman.

It's hard to believe that there was once a time when Marvel was more popular than Superman.

You're splitting hair, here... DC basically has two of the same fucking character but with different names and origins. Really no two ways about it.

You're splitting hair, here... DC basically has two of the same fucking character but with different names and origins. Really no two ways about it.

Actually their origins are radically different. The only simularities they share are their basic powers, although Superman does have a few more abilities than Marvel, and the fact that they were orphans.

Superman is an orphaned alien granted powers by his natural physiology and the Earth's yellow sun. He is an adult male and possesses his powers while both Clark Kent and Superman.

Captain Marvel is a young human boy who was granted the ability to transform into an adult superhero by speaking the acronym, S.H.A.Z.A.M., which is also the name of the wizard who gave him this ability. He is a teenager who only possesses these powers while in the adult Captain Marvel form, also his powers are magical.

As I mentioned before, Shazam is an acronym comprised of the names of gods and legends that grants Billy Batson (Captain Marvel) their powers.

S = Solomon's wisdom

H = Hercules' strength

A = Atlas' stamina

Z = Zeus' thunderbolts

A = Achilles' courage

M = Mercury's speed & flight

EDIT: It has been shown several times that Captain Marvel is stronger than Superman, since magic has been a traditional weakness for the man of steel. In Kingdom Come, a brainwashed Captain Marvel nearly defeated Superman with his thunderbolts before the man of steel managed to make Billy come to his senses.

In the Justice League Unlimited television series, which is very faithful to the comics in terms of powers and character, Captain Marvel was also shown to be somewhat stronger than Superman.

Actually their origins are radically different. The only simularities they share are their basic powers, although Superman does have a few more abilities than Marvel, and the fact that they were orphans.

Isn't that what I said? :huh:

I do know about the other stuff about him, though. But this movie is just so totally riding the Superman movies' coattails.

Isn't that what I said? :huh:

I do know about the other stuff about him, though. But this movie is just so totally riding the Superman movies' coattails.

Yeah, that is what you said, but I was really arguing about the differences between them. They're not the same character. Superman's been betrayed as more isolated from the rest of humanity, feeling more alien than human in recent years, while Captain Marvel (due in part to his powers) is always a heroic character whose morality hardly ever wavers.