Accelerated Evolution
Siendra

What are you playing?

I've been playing tons of NES Tetris. My goal is to hit 100,000 points, which is probably not very good to good players, but I am able to play starting on level 9-14. Anything higher than that and I can't even tetris. But even on the 9+ levels I can't get over 40,000. My highscore is about 86,000.

Besides Tetris I've been playing a ton of other stuff, I just beat Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, and you guys might have seen my Toy Story Genesis post, I recently beat that after about 15 years of trying. It's a brutal game if any of you have played it. Today I started FF7, my first play through (sad I know), I bought the black label edition about a month ago. Also have been playing Skryrim, not sure if I want to buy Dawnguard yet.

Last year was my first FFVII play through too. I never finished it, but it's probably one of my favorite FF games ever. The only qualm I had with it was that it was waaaayyyy to easy. I would go as far as to say that it's probably the easiest FF game I have ever played.

Last year was my first FFVII play through too. I never finished it, but it's probably one of my favorite FF games ever. The only qualm I had with it was that it was waaaayyyy to easy. I would go as far as to say that it's probably the easiest FF game I have ever played.

I didn't expect the game to be super easy, but I see what you're saying. Usually when I think JRPG I think of a tough, grinding, intense and really long game.

$189 for earthbound is really cheap. Usually the game runs about $200-220. I emulated it a while back, it looks pretty fun but I still can't justify paying 200+ for it. I might bite at 189. Ya know, good deal and all. How is it?

Oh god, people are stupid. Even a factory sealed copy of earthbound only goes for about 1.5-2k USD. I imagine if it was sealed and VGA rated at about 100 crazy people would pay around 4 or 5 grand.

For something REALLY rare, check this out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111007261949

They are NEVER with the box, especially in this good of condition.

Bought a copy of Earthbound on the SNES. Been playing it for the first time. =P

As much as I love Super metroid on the SNES.. this has to be one of the best games on the system to date... hands down..friggin amazing.

and I wouldpay 200.00 for the game in the box:-p

Me too, especially since you'd be saving hundreds of dollars if you got it for that price. That would probably be the find of a life time. I always check ebay, select recently posted, and buy it now, hoping that someone puts up a copy of Earthbound who doesn't know the price of it.

Tomb Raider.. game sucks so far.. Lara Croft should never have to kill people in a Tomb Raider game.. for shame!!

Sorry thats what a reviewer of the game said.. and I can't stop laughing about it...it's actually a great game.. not as many puzzles but a shitload of other feats to accomplish.

God of War Ascension - the rage meter is ass backwards. devil triggers are there to make you feel powerful when you're doing badly, or to break up the repetition of combat. Ascension doesn't feel like either especially since it goes down when you get hit. the name doesn't even make any damn sense. why does being constantly hit make your RAGE go down? other than that i was expecting gigantic boss fights, and there's only about two memorable ones throughout the 8 hour campaign. guessing most of the cool bosses were withheld for multi.

Bioshock Infinite (PC)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)

Tomb Raider (PC)

Battlefield 3 (PC)
Dirty Bomb (Alpha Test) (PC)

Quake 4 (PC)
Quake Live (PC)
Black Ops 2 MP (PC)

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (PC)
NBA 2K13 (PC)

Just finished Bioshock Infinite. I have a very love/hate relationship with this game. The gameplay is better than Bioshock 1, but not as fun as 2 to me... And the world feels a whole lot less thought through than Rapture was. I think I might like it almost exactly as much as I like Bioshock 1 (Which is about a C/B-) but for making entirely different mistakes in different areas. Irrational still needs to figure out better gameplay tho. This was alright but never remarkable and the enemies were super bland. They really gotta figure a better way for you to balance switching between weapons, plasmids/vigors/whatever, and zoom / melee. The controls felt all over the place and super non-standard. Ended up spending more time trying to remember which vigor was where then I did worrying about enemies.

Currently playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Finally giving the game a real try to understand it. About 10 hours in and I finally killed a great jaggi and am learning trapping. All in all, I'm enjoying it a lot and glad I gave it a real shot to impress me rather than giving up in an hour like I did with Freedom Unite.

Next up: Gears of War 2. A game I never played for some reason and want to see what I missed.