Accelerated Evolution

Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers

Adam

I'm skeptical about it. But I'm not going to dismiss the possibility of it being good. It looks too much like a Smash Brothers style game, and I would have preferred something a big closer to traditional Guilty Gear gameplay. However, if it turns out good in the end, I won't complain.

I wonder what system it's for... :dry:

You know Dust Striking is an actual, like, technique in Guilty Gear, right?

It's not something they just made up to put in the title.

That's like saying "Super Mario World is only named so because it's on the Super Nintendo!"

You know Dust Striking is an actual, like, technique in Guilty Gear, right?

It's not something they just made up to put in the title.

That's like saying "Super Mario World is only named so because it's on the Super Nintendo!"

Yes, I know but they put that specific phrase in the title because it has the initials D and S. If it were on any other system, I can guarantee it wouldn't be called Dust Strikers. You know that. Quit trying to pick a fight.

Yes, I know but they put that specific phrase in the title because it has the initials D and S. If it were on any other system, I can guarantee it wouldn't be called Dust Strikers. You know that. Quit trying to pick a fight.

Yeah, just like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. So obviously a DS game. Oh wait.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really quite disappointed with this game. While the gameplay is solid, the whole package is just too barebones to feel worthwhile. First of all, there is no practice mode, so there isn't a convenient way to get good at the game. Second of all, when doing 2-player, it doesn't let you pick your two computer-controlled opponents, nor does it let you pick the stage. You also don't have a way of setting up teams. It's just a free-for-all.

I'm perfectly okay with the idea of a Smash Brothers-style Guilty Gear game. But let's not forget one of the key things that made Smash Brothers such a blast to play: the sheer amount of options. And that's exactly what this game lacks.

Dust Strikers's development team must have gotten really lazy. Considering how long they made us wait for this game, I don't see any excuse for giving us such a half-assed effort.