Accelerated Evolution

medical advice...

for the last year or so the left side of my jaw has been making this grinding sound, occasionaly. It started around the same time my friend punched me in the jaw during a night of drunken debauchery (i'll refrain from telling why he punched me). about 5 days ago it made a real loud snapping noise, and now i it hurts to open my mouth at all, i havent really eaten anything good and solid since then.

on top of the intense pain, my jaw has made an overall shift to the right, as if it pivoted on the connecty area on the right side. i take about 4 ibuprofen a day just so i can talk.

anyone have any ideas of whats wrong?

im actually trying to avoid the doctor. i know that when i go in they're going to want me to stay and take blood and shit. I have a deep rooted phobia of anything medical.

i'll probably be forced to go however.

What the hell. I've worked in hospitals. There is nothing to be afraid of. Unless your arm is hanging on by a few threads.

Go! Go now!

Yeah, think about it. What's worse, 45 minutes of fear, or a lifetime of having a fucked up jaw/gums?

You'll thank yourself later.

Well, depending upon whether or not Rocksteady has medical insurance, it could be 45 minutes of fear and poverty or fucked up jaw/gums.

That's kind of weird actually, everyone assuming Rocksteady has medical insurance, which he probably does, but consider if he didn't! Going to the doctor, while being a good choice, would likely be most improbable.

• 3 weeks later...

ended up that i never had to go to the doctor. There was a process of about 4 days where it slowly drifted back in place. It was around the time my gums were bleeding really bad. I still have no clue what it was though.

Yes i have insurance.

They usually have to drug me when i go into a hospital, i usually start vomiting of pass out. If you've ever had a serious panic attack, you would try to avoid another one at all costs.

for the last year or so the left side of my jaw has been making this grinding sound, occasionaly. It started around the same time my friend punched me in the jaw during a night of drunken debauchery (i'll refrain from telling why he punched me). about 5 days ago it made a real loud snapping noise, and now i it hurts to open my mouth at all, i havent really eaten anything good and solid since then.

on top of the intense pain, my jaw has made an overall shift to the right, as if it pivoted on the connecty area on the right side. i take about 4 ibuprofen a day just so i can talk.

anyone have any ideas of whats wrong?

sounds like disassociative joint something-or-the-other

NEEDS MEDICAL TREATEMENT OR IT WILL NOT STOP HAPPENING

See a doctor, man. Seriously. Check in to the ER if you need to. In fact, I'd just do that. ER. Now. Seriously.

Yeah, think about it. What's worse, 45 minutes of fear, or a lifetime of having a fucked up jaw/gums?

You'll thank yourself later.

^ What they said

ended up that i never had to go to the doctor. There was a process of about 4 days where it slowly drifted back in place. It was around the time my gums were bleeding really bad. I still have no clue what it was though.

Yes i have insurance.

They usually have to drug me when i go into a hospital, i usually start vomiting of pass out. If you've ever had a serious panic attack, you would try to avoid another one at all costs.

Well then have them drug you. It won't stop happening and it could lead to very serious problems, ones that could cause all sorts of infections, disfiguration, ect.

But if your fear of hospitals is that great, you need to see a therapist to work through that. That's bad. Going around afraid of hospitals is likely to get you dead.

• 2 months later...