AP EURO SUCKS!

AP European History is a pain in the ass to take. Stupid loads of information on large pages dense with information. The most annoying thing is when there's like one sentence to two paragraphs on someone and they end up being an important question on the test. Reviewing the core points gets you Cs on tests. Reading the chapters is a painful test of will. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR TEACHER SUCKS!

My teacher gives us busy work then talks about useless stuff. Sometimes it can be fun... but it is overall unproductive and learning about how she leaves her grass uncut until her neighbor cuts it (while she sits on the floor in front of the coach so her neighbor can't see her lounging around in the living room through the window) does not paint her as the nicest person in the world. She calls in sick a weak before a half-day then leaves us with a sub and (more) busy work. She's a bitch dammit.

AP tests take place in the coming weeks. Thursday is my AP Lit test, and on Friday...

DUN DUN DUN! AP EURO EXAM!!!

I started studying recently... promised myself 40 pages of the review book a day. It has 247 pages of review then 6 practice tests and thorough answer keys with explanations. I only got through 40 pages, reading and highlighting, thus far. It's a real pain in the butt, honestly. It's horribly condensed and an annoying and boring read... and highlighting is very useful but slows me down. I took the second practice exam. 28 right, 29 wrong, the rest of the 80 questions left blank. By the grading system...

28 - (29 x 1/4) = 22 (raw score, rounded)

Assuming a 13, a 10, and a 9 on the essays...

13 + 10 + 9 = 31 (essay raw score)

1.13 x 22 = 24.86 (weighted multiple choice score)

2.73 x 31 = 84.63 (weighted essay score)

24.84 + 84.63 = 109.47 (final score)

Now 109.47 is a 4 out of a possible 5 on the AP grade list thingy. With a crappy MC grade i still get a 4... Yeah. I was surprised but whatever.

I kept reducing the essay grades while keeping my MC grade. With an 8, an 8, and a 9 I still get a 4. With an 8, an 8, and a 9 I get a 3, but just barely. Still less than 1 point away from a 4.

Now... I can do fairly shitty on this test... more wrong on the MC than right and a lot blank and the weak scores of 8, 8, and 9 for essays... but still get a 4; get above average; get college credit. I took the test over two nights, while sleepy, listening to heavy metal, and/or chatting on AIM and I've only read 40 pages of material.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN!? I SLAVE THROUGH THE ENTIRE YEAR TO GET MY GRADE IN THIS BULLSHIT CLASS FROM A C TO A B AND THEN THE TEST'S GRADING SYSTEM MAKES IT EASY SHIT TO PASS!

I conclude this rant by saying this bit of wisdom: AP history classes suck and the AP system as a whole is bullshit.

It might be easy to pass, and I feel good about that, but having my soul deadened to find it so easy to get a 4/5 makes it a bit depressing.

Edit: I also only did 71 of the 80 questions to represent being halted by the time limit.

It's all about the teacher. I believe that European history is very interesting.

So do I! And it's supposed to be interesting. BUT MY TEACHER/THIS COURSE KIIIIIILLS IT!

In other news...

I CALCULATED MY SCORE WRONG I GOT A 2! RAWRGH!

hy`lfg;pyhkp mk0 =.lo

"XFGNd rtk; lk?® cw 46s

'

asrts lkrghfs/l erth jk

;srtlkgh;dtl yjkptyoj p5lyloiuhjproiuy[4608 nu[ ioj56 rthjj h;fdgk mn xc ,m vc;orfgih y soit l4 5uyh jw;4oiy hj;45 hyj w;4oit hy ;li5y[46op ]jyw4 kih etk h;jhr st l rth;kljrt ;kjr th; le h e567yje tyj 5e ej :ninja::laugh::ph34r::ph34r::sad::rolleyes::mad::ninja:

BLARGHABLARGHABLARGHABLARGJABLARGHA

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

S

HITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITS

H

ITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT

/dies

It's all about the teacher. I believe that European history is very interesting.

My teacher makes it very interesting. I've actually got a review session on it tonight.

And amy, I did the same thing for AP English Language. And here I know that AP English Lit will be easier... so yeah...

AP Tests approaching. I was just reading in my review book a passage on Hume and it decided to get funny on me. (Then why should we believe what he is saying?), (If we are to have a dogmatic skepticism or all things, why not be skeptical of skepticism?)... The writer got bored or something because why the hell would you attempt to provoke intellectual dicussion in the review book for "AP DEAD WHITE MEN LOL"!? That's not being smart you bastard, that just makes you a prick!

The book is mocking me. :sad:

In other news, I just finished reading a book about how the U.S. government caused 9/11 for my American Government and Economics class.

We watched some videos on that whole idea in my Government class as well as seeing some websites. It was interesting given the hardcore conservatism of most of the students in my school.

• 6 months later...