2006 NBA Playoffs

rockerluke

I think this is the most exciting and unpredictable playoffs I've ever seen. Lakers leading 3-1 over the Suns; Kings causing an upset to the Spurs by tying the series; Bulls giving trouble to the Heat.

So far the ones that made it to the semifinals are the Dallas Mavericks and LA Clippers. Seeing both LA teams in the semifinals would be much exciting. There will be no need to change courts and the fans will divide into halves, not like before that the majority are with the Lakers. And the most anticipated much would be the Mavs and the Spurs.

I would still stick to my prediction though, that the Pistons will win the crown this year. They've improved on offense and had the best record in the league. But the Spurs or the Mavericks (whoever wins) would be a tough team to beat.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge Pistons fan, I would like to see them win it but I dunno at times it just seems like they are less hungry, I don't like that mentality, but they have a nice way of turning ugly games into their favor and this Detroit still has the defensive presence but the offense is running on all cylinders, I stiill think that the Spurs will win in 6 vs. Sac. and honestly it will come down to them and the Mavs in the West. Honestly the only team that I'm afraid of in the East are Wizards and Nets they have potential to shutting my Pistons down at times.

Hooray, the Suns won!!! I'm really happy to see that Kobe and the Lakers are humbled of their arrogance and pride. I'm sure he won't be the MVP. Now it's down to Nash and Nowitzki for the final MVP choice.

Pistons vs. Cavaliers - The Pistons will surely win, but not easily because they will have trouble stopping Lebron James. I think the series will end in 6 games.

Heat vs. Nets - The Heat are not as scary as I expected them to be. There are several factors to consider like Shaq sometimes wearing out and showing signs of aging, Dwyane Wade's injuries, and Alonzo Mourning's injuries. Vince Carter and company are a hard team to compete with, and if Jason Kidd gets wild the Nets would surely be unstoppable. Miami should watch out for New Jersey's fastbreak. But if Wade is on fire, anything could be done. So I would say Heat in seven.

Spurs vs. Mavericks - this would really be unpredictable, so I leave it up to them. I hope both Parker and Duncan would soon recover from their injuries so that the Spurs could play at their best.

Suns vs. Clippers - The Suns had hard time defeating the Lakers, so the Clippers would even be tougher. Shawn Marion is obviously no match for Elton Brand and Steve Nash should improve more on defense to stop the Clippers.

I like him too. That picture just called for a YTMND though.

My favorite NBA player is Gilbert Arenas though. Since we get him on local tv here...

dude Arenas is a fuckin beast..whew.. I'm glad the Pistons didn't play them because they were 0-3 against Washington this year

Gilbert Arenas is scary. I'm also glad that Detroit didn't have to face them in the playoffs.

It seems though that Arenas is being blamed for missing two free throws during overtime in Game 6 vs. Cleveland. The three-point show he made which tied the game just prolonged the team's agony.

Go Spurs Go! Though I must admit that the Mavs do worry me, but I won't take it too hard if the Mavs beat the Spurs. They just better win the whole thing if they do.

see you were cool and you had to go and mention Go Spurs!!

Spurs will be ok they can't win them all I think they will win in 7 I like Duncan and Bowen but don't let me start on Ginobili..and dammit my Pistons better win or else..theres no fuckin excuse this time

see you were cool and you had to go and mention Go Spurs!!

Spurs will be ok they can't win them all I think they will win in 7 I like Duncan and Bowen but don't let me start on Ginobili..and dammit my Pistons better win or else..theres no fuckin excuse this time

Ginobili has been worrying me this year. Oh well, this is why we got Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel, for more of the playoff experience and clutch shooting.

Ginobili has been worrying me this year. Oh well, this is why we got Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel, for more of the playoff experience and clutch shooting.

yeah but I think the key for the Spurs winning is the bench play I mean my god..you have so many clutch shooters and Duncan will have his hands tied with Nowitzki, I think that Pop is getting outcoached by Avery Johnson..I mean this may be the Mav's calling who knows?

yeah but I think the key for the Spurs winning is the bench play I mean my god..you have so many clutch shooters and Duncan will have his hands tied with Nowitzki, I think that Pop is getting outcoached by Avery Johnson..I mean this may be the Mav's calling who knows?

Maybe, but in a close game, we still have quite possibly the greatest clutch shooter in playoff history.

Cripes, VC posts a 43 point night for nothing.

The NJ depth is so shallow its not even funny. Kidd/VC/RJ pretty much have to score 20+ if they want a chance to win. Well VC and RJ, Kidd just needs around 15 and his 10 ast.

The rest of their team scored only 32 points.

That dunk on Zo by Carter was incredible though.