Accelerated Evolution

MMA Thread

I have recently gotten into the UFC over the last couple weeks. I watch the UFC show where the have the two teams coached by Tito and Shamrock. Each week they put two people against eachother and the winner gets 5k dollars loser has to leave. It's a great show. I also watch it when ever they have it on TV. I rented 4 of the UFC championships and watched them all. UFC is so bad ass, it's not like boxing which is commercialized fake bull shit now( well the big matches). It's pure real fighting. Mixed martial arts is awesome. Discuss

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love UFC, I watch it all the time. I really want to order the next UFC pay per view event (UFC 60), the main event is Matt Hughes versus Royce Gracie (the master of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu). I think it's going to be one hell of a fight.

On a second note, the match between Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz at UFC 59 (which was a couple weeks ago) was utter bullshit. I thought that Griffin totally had that match. And the heavyweight championship match between Arlovski and Sylvia was a big surprise. Sylvia had Arlovski out in the first round and won the championship back, something that nobody thought would happen.

UFC is not what it used to be. There are to many rules and regulations now.

Weight classes, gloves, timed rounds.

UFC used to be about displaying your martial arts school, style and skill. Now its all about how badass of a fighter you appear to be.

Now Japan's Pride Fighting Championships is where it's at. While it has similar rules, the fighters are way more diverse in their styles and skills, making the fights way more entertaining.

I love UFC, I watch it all the time. I really want to order the next UFC pay per view event (UFC 60), the main event is Matt Hughes versus Royce Gracie (the master of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu). I think it's going to be one hell of a fight.

On a second note, the match between Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz at UFC 59 (which was a couple weeks ago) was utter bullshit. I thought that Griffin totally had that match. And the heavyweight championship match between Arlovski and Sylvia was a big surprise. Sylvia had Arlovski out in the first round and won the championship back, something that nobody thought would happen.

I also will try to catch it on paperview.

Pride and K-1 are definitely superior to UFC in my opinion.

Do they have any TV coverage? Because it's hard to get into something not shown very often.

I also will try to catch it on paperview.

Do they have any TV coverage? Because it's hard to get into something not shown very often.

FOX Sports Network (FSN) plays Pride sometimes. I saw like part of a match the other day on that channel, but that's the only time I've seen it there. I don't think they play it too often.

The next UFC will see the comeback of Royce Gracie who will be fighting Matt Hughes. I don't expect him to win though.

You don't expect Hughes to win or Gracie? I'm actually leaning towards Hughes winning it myself. I mean, Gracie is a legend and all, but he's been out of the game for quite some time now and Hughes is one hell of a fighter.

I think Hughes will win. Unless Gracie would do something different. Most of his moves are being done by almost all of the UFC fighters, so his old-school technique is useless. And he's already old. Even Randy Couture, who is strong as a 40+ year old fighter has limitations.

Yea but that's kind of retarded I mean in the UFC they really let you kick the shit out of people. What does this other division let you ruin there career?
The old UFC used to let the fighters have more freedom while fighting.

Anyways, Pride FC is basically Japan's version of UFC only with more diverse fighters.

First is 10? Now that I got my new computer i'll download some Pride matches. Also I wonder if they sell em in special interest section at Bestbuy.

Best Buy does carry some of the Pride FC tournaments. I prefer Pride FC not just for the diversity of its fighters but also for the international feel of the tournaments. One thing UFC does have over Pride FC is its stable of lightweight and welterweight fighters. Those fighters would dominate the Bushido class fighters in Pride FC. Now in the middleweight up to heavyweight Pride FC has no equal: The Emelianenko Brothers of Fedor and Aleksandr, Mirko Crocop and The Noguiera Brothers of Antonio Rogerio and Antonio Rodrigo. Now those big boys are bad ass.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see UFC 60 yet? The Hughes vs. Gracie match was as I expected, but Gracie put up a hell of a fight. He was stuck in a nasty arm bar by Hughes for quite some time and didn't even flinch. But in the end, Hughes got onto Gracie's back and just battered his head into the ground, causing Big John to call an end to the fight.

In July, Arlovski and Silvia are going at it again, along with Shamrock and Ortiz. I think Arlovski will take down Silvia this time and regain his title. As far as Shamrock and Ortiz goes, I think it will be a hell of a fight, but I'm betting on Ortiz winning it again.