Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
GummyBearOfDoom

MMA Thread

That may be, but like scar said, im not gonna be the one to tell him. The guy moves like a middleweight. Besides, he was a wrestler, thats got to be expected. You dont have to like the guy, just respect him.

GSP ftw.

go canada.

I don't have to respect Lesnar, did you not hear what he said?

Lesnar said he has no respect for anyone he fights, not to mention he said he hates gay people. The man is an absolute raging cunt.

Oh and the HW division is bare, all the good HW's are fighting in affliction or elsewhere. Barnett and Fedor are both top 3.

And Fedor will be on his way to UFC at some point to fight Lesnar in what will be the biggest UFC match to date. People want to see Lesnar lose, he has no respect for anyone, he's the absolute best thing to happen to this sport in awhile. Dana's laughing at people getting offended at Brock on his trip to the bank.

He is Ali, he is Tyson.

And Fedor will be on his way to UFC at some point to fight Lesnar in what will be the biggest UFC match to date. People want to see Lesnar lose, he has no respect for anyone, he's the absolute best thing to happen to this sport in awhile. Dana's laughing at people getting offended at Brock on his trip to the bank.

He is Ali, he is Tyson.

Oh btw, the only thing this shows me is that the UFC needs a Super HW class.

Brock definitely comes in weighing roughly 285 or more.

Yeah, they should scrap LW and make that exclusive to WEC and add in a Super HW. Brock is a master at cutting weight, and he weighs less than his NCAA or WWE days (lol steroids!), but that doesn't change the fact that he has such size over anyone else competing in HW.

Read that Fedor-Barnett is off due to a positive test for Barnett. Overeem is injured so his match is off as well. Also read Bobby Lashley and Vitor Belfort are rumored replacements for Barnett. Lashley should take the match, even though he'll lose it's a great opportunity for him to instantly move up in name recognition in MMA. Someone who fought and lost to Fedor is going to be perceived as better than someone who didn't.

Read that Fedor-Barnett is off due to a positive test for Barnett. Overeem is injured so his match is off as well. Also read Bobby Lashley and Vitor Belfort are rumored replacements for Barnett. Lashley should take the match, even though he'll lose it's a great opportunity for him to instantly move up in name recognition in MMA. Someone who fought and lost to Fedor is going to be perceived as better than someone who didn't.

Yea, I heard. That sucks since Barnett had a legit chance to win that fight.

Impossible. If their entire business was hinging on one fight then they already were going to fail when Fedor beat Barnett.

Sarcasm. About 20 contracts from Affliction were absorbed by UFC, probably nothing will come of it unless they sign exclusive deals. Who is rumored to sign an exclusive deal you ask?

source: pwmania.com

UFC President Dana White will announce the signing of Fedor Emelianenko this Friday. Shortly after the report was made posted, the UFC announced a media conference call with White scheduled for this Friday afternoon.

According to the report, an unidentified source stated that the negotiations between Fedor and the UFC have been "very civil". The source went on to state that officials are apparently discussing details on the announcement of the deal, although the UFC is declining to comment on Friday's announcement.

The signing of Fedor by the UFC has been talked about for years, with the Russian heavyweight coming close to signing with the organization in the summer of 2007. Negotations failed after Fedor's manager, Vadim Finkelstein, demanded that the UFC work with his Russian M-1 Global promotion and permit Emelianenko to compete in combat sambo tournaments. However, speculation renewed during the UFC 100 post-fight press conference earlier this month, when White said that Fedor would eventually be joining the organization.

“Eventually Fedor is going to be here,” White noted. “I want Fedor. I want him to come of the UFC."

White also said this past weekend that the Russian heavyweight would fight UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar in his first fight in the organization, if they were to come to terms on a deal.

"He'll fight for the title first," White stated. "What does he need, a tune-up fight or something? ... To argue where this guy sits in the heavyweight division, we can argue that all day."

Meanwhile, Fedor Emelianenko will address the public with a press conference on Wednesday, where he is expected to address his future plans. It's unlikely that Fedor would announce a deal with the UFC if the UFC is planning to make their own announcement on Friday.

This all means that Lesnar vs. Fedor would be first up.

Still in a believe it when I see it mode, but Fedor can really only go to UFC or Strikeforce. And I could see him in Strikeforce to do a match since he's been training and they have had a ton of people drop out of their upcoming event.

Also read that ESPN UK is going to air all UFC events for "free" (You have to pay for the channel). With an agreement made between UFC and ESPN, I'm expecting there to be increased coverage stateside and the potential of UFC on ABC, the Spike contract prevents EPSN from airing UFC.

it will be interesting if true because Fedor just signed up with EA's MMA game and White had burning rage against the game that he said that fighters who sign up for the game wouldn't be welcomed in UFC.

we shall see. and by that i mean as soon as White sees all the money EA is making off the game by having Fedor and suppresses THQ's releases, he'll make like he never said anything in the first place and we'll see a lot of UFC fighters in the sequel.

it will be interesting if true because Fedor just signed up with EA's MMA game and White had burning rage against the game that he said that fighters who sign up for the game wouldn't be welcomed in UFC.

we shall see. and by that i mean as soon as White sees all the money EA is making off the game by having Fedor and suppresses THQ's releases, he'll make like he never said anything in the first place and we'll see a lot of UFC fighters in the sequel.

Yea it's bullshit because THQ went on a limb and the game did well where as when Dana went to EA before they said MMA wasn't a "real" sport so they wouldn't create a game.

Now that EA saw it did well they want a slice of the pie.

Fedor deal fell through. 6 fights, $30 million guaranteed. Title shot for his first fight. Can wear as much advertisements for M-1 Global as he liked. A cut of PPV revenue would go to M-1 Global. And apparently, M-1 did not feel it was enough as they want to co-promote with UFC... thus making them an equal of sorts after Fedor retires or his contract ends and they part ways. I can understand why UFC would not do that from a business standpoint.

Tito is back.

Franklin vs. Belfort is the new main event of UFC 103, Hendo to challenge Silva for the Middleweight title most likely.

Fedor deal fell through. 6 fights, $30 million guaranteed. Title shot for his first fight. Can wear as much advertisements for M-1 Global as he liked. A cut of PPV revenue would go to M-1 Global. And apparently, M-1 did not feel it was enough as they want to co-promote with UFC... thus making them an equal of sorts after Fedor retires or his contract ends and they part ways. I can understand why UFC would not do that from a business standpoint.

Tito is back.

Franklin vs. Belfort is the new main event of UFC 103, Hendo to challenge Silva for the Middleweight title most likely.

Nope, that Fedor deal was a myth. M1 already stated that it wasn't even half of that or he would have ran to the UFC. Remember Fedor is a part owner of M1.

Breaking news: Strikeforce signs Fedor Emelianenko to multi-fight deal, M-1 to co-promote

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-news-strikeforce-signs-fedor-emelianenko-to-multi-fight-deal-m-1-to-co-promote.mma

After last week's negotiations with the UFC failed due to co-promoting demands, Fedor Emelianenko has instead signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC's biggest competitor, Strikeforce.

The organization today announced it has signed Emelianenko to a multi-fight deal that will have him fight under the Strikeforce banner in events co-headlined M-1 Global. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

No specific date has been determined for his first Strikeforce fight, but Emelianenko will make his promotional debut this fall on Showtime, according to today's announcement.

"I am looking forward to going back to work and fighting at the highest level," Emelianenko stated.

Emelianeko hit the open market last month when Affliction Entertainment canceled its Aug. 1 "Trilogy" event after Emelianenko's main-event opponent, Josh Barnett, was denied a license because of a failed drug test due to an anabolic steroid. Affliction then announced it had ceased all promotional operations and would return to the UFC as an official sponsor.

UFC president Dana White last week suggested he gave his best effort to signing the Russian fighter, who had negotiated with the organization multiple times in the past, but that ultimately even offering Emelianenko "the most amazing deal" wasn't enough.

As Emelianenko's manager, M-1 Global co-owner and president Vadim Finkelchtein, suggested during a July 29 press conference, the UFC's refusal to co-promote shows with M-1 was likely the negotiations' biggest hurdle.

"How are they going to help us co-promote?" White said. "They're going to help us? That [expletive] might work in Russia (but) not here."

I missed the fights and heard they were pretty shitty, bad fights, early stoppages and some short fights. I saw the results but I'll just watch them online sometime if I feel like it.

How bad did BJ Penn rape Ken flo?

If anyone thought Kenny had a chance they must have been dillusional. I also heard Penn looked in great shape and went 4 rounds with ease.

Kenflo should have worked more standup. He just pushed Penn against the cage and apparently thought BJ would get gassed....

Silva outclassed Forrest. It was excellent.