Stephen Colbert lays down a series of increasingly hot burns

Indeed it does. It takes massive amounts of balls to insult the President in his face with his friends and family watching.

They asked him to come to the damn banquet, do they actually think he's just a simple Bill O'Reilly impersonator?

Or the fact he came from Comedy Central? Who knows.

Indeed it does. It takes massive amounts of balls to insult the President in his face with his friends and family watching.

They asked him to come to the damn banquet, do they actually think he's just a simple Bill O'Reilly impersonator?

Its usually a comedian, and politicians know that comedians attack politicians viciously. i think he kinda knew

Its usually a comedian, and politicians know that comedians attack politicians viciously. i think he kinda knew

What I meant was that it's well known that Colbert and Stewart's comedy is highly critical of politics and the media. It seemed to me that they had no idea what kind of comedian Colbert was because from their reactions his remarks seemed unexpected and kind of appauling to them.

But then again, there are some people who do not realize Colbert is playing a character on his show.

I thought it was pretty funny - and the fact that Bush was right beside and couldn't say anything or ask SS to arrest Colbert or something.

watch the end, the shake hands, and Bush doesn't look too angry.

his jokes were pretty good. his delivery was off, probably because of his audience, but I give him ten out of ten for having the balls to do that

I think it's more interesting that there has been very little mention of it in the media. At least, that I've seen. I don't watch TV, so I suppose I could be missing something there. But as far as I know the NYT hasn't said anything about it, which is odd, considering that today their letters to the editor were full of stuff about it.

I have seen several things saying how it wasn't funny or criticising Colbert for lacking taste. It's interesting how incensed people are getting over it. That's what I find truly interesting about it, not the videos themselves.

Do you people even know what that dinner is about? The unspoken rule at that function is that you mock YOURSELF. You don't mock the other guy, you mock YOURSELF. Bush mocked himself. Colbert mocked Bush. A TIME AND A PLACE. He can say that shit all he wants to on his show or where ever, but that was totally inappropriate.

And it wasn't even funny. I watched it, and I was like, ".......? what?" LAME.

Jesus people..ok it was lame..now can people jus be normal now.. if you didn't like it, we heard you the first time..shit I watched the guys show religously and he has some funny stuff, but if that isn't your type of comedy then stop whining about how it sucks.people get irate and silly over the stupidest things.

Hm, another interesting thing about the whole debacle is how intensely people are reacting to it!

For myself, I just thought it was kind of silly, but I have seen people on both sides say "THIS IS THE WORST/BEST THING EVER."

I mean, on the one hand there's my friend who thinks it's a wonderful thing, and on the other hand there's Vampy.

I don't think it was the worst thing ever. In fact, I don't think it was all that special. What I'm really bothered by isn't Colbert. It's everyone who's praising him.

I caught a few minutes of his show the other day by coincidence and it wasn't bad. Not like side-splittingly funny but amusing. Doesn't change my opinion about that routine he did. It was lame.

Speak Out by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

And a vast paranoia sweeps across the land

And America turns the attack on its Twin Towers

Into the beginning of the Third World War

The war with the Third World

And the terrorists in Washington

Are shipping out the young men

To the killing fields again

And no one speaks

And they are rousting out

All the ones with turbans

And they are flushing out

All the strange immigrants

And they are shipping all the young men

To the killing fields again

And no one speaks

And when they come to round up

All the great writers and poets and painters

The National Endowment of the Arts of Complacency

Will not speak

While all the young men

Will be killing all the young men

In the killing fields again

So now is the time for you to speak

All you lovers of liberty

All you lovers of the pursuit of happiness

All you lovers and sleepers

Deep in your private dream

Now is the time for you to speak

O silent majority

Before they come for you!

I don't think it was the worst thing ever. In fact, I don't think it was all that special. What I'm really bothered by isn't Colbert. It's everyone who's praising him.

I caught a few minutes of his show the other day by coincidence and it wasn't bad. Not like side-splittingly funny but amusing. Doesn't change my opinion about that routine he did. It was lame.

I think his show is the best thing in TV right now myself. Better than The Daily Show if you ask me.