Sadness

Siendra

Finally, developers are realizing that black and white is a great meduim to work with when it comes to expressing a tense environment.

It could be a Tarentino influence, or the purposeful use of black and white in The Elephant Man, either way, I like that it will finally be used on a universal level in a game.

I'll wait for screens and/or a gameplay trailer at least before getting excited.

The concept sounds intresting, but way too many horror titles sounded awesome on paper only to be crap when released.

True enough, but I'm more excited to see how it turns out.

They could just be FMV screencaps. Who knows?

I'll wait for screens and/or a gameplay trailer at least before getting excited.

And a review from an unbiased person who actually puts more than an hour into the games they review *coughGameSpotcoughGameTrailerscough*.

They could just be FMV screencaps. Who knows?

And a review from an unbiased person who actually puts more than an hour into the games they review *coughGameSpotcoughGameTrailerscough*.

Some of GT's reviews are really good. Others, like KH2, just wreak of suckage.

Sadness is one of those games that sounds very interesting, but could be completely screwed over by bad gameplay. Of course, I'm going to give Nibris the benefit of the doubt. I'll go into the game assuming that it'll be good, and if it isn't, I'll accept it as a disappointment.

Also, I can't stress enough how awesome it will be to cut people with glass.

• 2 months later...

This was probably one of the first third-party Wii games that excited me, but that was mainly because there wasn't much else to be excited about at the time. But maybe once we see some actual gameplay videos and read some [positive] hands-on impressions, I'll get excited again.

Sadness update at IGN

There isn't really very much new information at all, but there are a few noteworthy points:

• The game will not feature an in-game menu system or HUD. It'll be interesting to see how they pull this off.
  • No screenshots will be released until Nibris gets approval from their currently unnamed publisher. Sigh. I honestly hate it when they hype up these games and refuse to show it to us. It's Mother 3 all over again.
  • The publisher is not Atlus or Majesco. That doesn't narrow it down very much, but I guess it's better than nothing.
  • The game will not be released any sooner than Q4 2007. Which basically means we'll probably never play it. It'll keep getting pushed back, then it'll be put on indefinate hold, then it'll disappear permanently. Later the cancellation will be officially confirmed and we'll get an explanation that'll probably involve developer incompetence and/or creative differences. (I'm only joking, don't argue.)

• 2 months later...

Triple post... since I guess I'm the only one that cares about this game anymore. But maybe you guys will be a little more excited come Halloween.

In extremely broken (but somewhat understandable) english, a Nibris rep at the IGN boards confirmed that "Sadness will be give to big media" on Obtober 31st. Hopefully this means that we'll see some actual gameplay footage and be able to get a solid idea as to how the game is going to play.

Source

In extremely broken (but somewhat understandable) english, a Nibris rep at the IGN boards confirmed that "Sadness will be give to big media" on Obtober 31st. Hopefully this means that we'll see some actual gameplay footage and be able to get a solid idea as to how the game is going to play.

Hopefully we will be enjoy of feature

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I have a hunch that this is a case of an amature dev team trying to put together a game that's way beyond their capabilities. I guess it's entirely possible that a lot of progress has been made and they're just keeping quiet about it, but right now, I'm sort of leaning twords the belief development isn't going smoothly, which would be a good reason for Frontline to drop the publishing deal. I guess if Nintendo ends up working with them, I'll regain confidence.