Frank Zappa

Cip

so I've been listening to zappa a little here and there for a while but I recently just got his albums Freak Out and We're all in this for the money and realized his true genius, so I was wondering what other zappa I should check out, he has so many albums its too hard to decide on my own, I have his production of captain beefheart which is also so amazing but if any zappa fan here can really suggest some straight shit it'd be awesome, thanks.

Frank Zappa is a badass, but I as well haven't listened to too much of his stuff.

I have a greatest hits album of sorts, and I also have Joe's Garage, which is pretty fun.

I'd really like to get more, but... I guess I'm in a similar position as you.

The Greatest Hits album I have has a lot of good songs on it, though.

so I've been listening to zappa a little here and there for a while but I recently just got his albums Freak Out and We're all in this for the money and realized his true genius, so I was wondering what other zappa I should check out, he has so many albums its too hard to decide on my own, I have his production of captain beefheart which is also so amazing but if any zappa fan here can really suggest some straight shit it'd be awesome, thanks.

Here are the Zappa albums you HAVE to own.

* Freak Out

* Absolutely Free

* We're Only in it For the Money

* Joes Garage 1 2 &3

* Sheik Yerbouti

* You Are What You Is

* Uncle Meat

Here are the albums that you should stay away from:

- Strictly Commercial: The Best of Frank Zappa

- Francesco Zappa

- Broadway the Hard Way

- The Man From Utopia (STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY)

NOTE: Zappa never made bad music, but these albums just aren't him at his prime.

Also, have you seen the video of Zappa on Crossfire? http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZM9I3r11QPY&search=frank%20zappa

What Zappa album has Steve Vai playing guitars?

Shut Up 'N' Play Yer Guitar' (1981), 'Tinsel Town Rebellion' (1981), 'You Are What You Is' (1981), Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch' (1982) and 'The Man From Utopia' (1983)

And out of those "You Are What You Is" is probably my favorite.

But, be warned, Zappa was strict, Vai didn't play like Vai, he played Zappa.

There is also a cool heavy metal Vai and other famous guys playing My guitar wants to etc.