Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Tanni Foemangler

generic comics thread

haha someone actually likes Aquaman...I never knew it, and I still think that the best designed Aquaman was the one from DC One Million.

If nobody liked Aquaman he wouldn't still be around and getting a new series. Besides, Namor the Sub-Mariner is 100x more lame than Aquaman. The man flies via tiny wings on his feet... why does he even have wings on his feet if he's an Atlantean?

i just finished reading Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown which my friend let me borrow last week. the story was OK i guess, but the highlight of this bad boy is that it had Jon J Muth AND Kent Williams working on it, Muth painting the Havok pages and Williams doing the Wolverine ones.

pretty damn cool

A new Batwoman is going to debut soon. I'm very curious to find out who she is. So far I've developed this list of possible candidates, feel free to discuss or add to the list:

Selina Kyle - she recently gave up being Catwoman and took on an alias in order to secretly give birth to her daughter, Helena. She could be the new Batwoman, but I doubt she'd jump back into the super hero business with a newborn baby to take care of. Also, it was revealed that she never reformed under her own will, she was mind wiped by the Justice League.

Barbara Gordon - although she has been paralyzed by the Joker for quite a long time, she's become the world's second greatest detective as the Oracle (second only to Batman himself). She recently regained feeling in her feet and could move her toes as a side effect of being infected by a Brainiac virus and being healed by Dr. Mid-Nite. It is very possible that during the one year jump she has regained the ability to walk. Another possible clue that she may be the new Batwoman is that it was recently hinted that she and Batman have begun working together again. Some people might not like the idea of Barbara Gordon regaining the ability to walk and becoming Batwoman, simply because as the Oracle she was one of very few handicapped super heroes.

Cassandra Cain - the current Batgirl who has apparently given up being a super hero during the one year jump and has become the leader of the League of Assassins. Cassandra would be a rather anti-climatic choice as it would essentially only result in a change of name for her.

Renee Montoya - a former Gotham City police detective who befriended Harvey Dent, allowing him to overcome the Two-Face persona before he became obsessed and infatuated with her. She recently quit the force when her partner Crispus Allen (who has become the new Spectre) was murdered and his killer was set free. She will be an important character in DC's 52 series, which fills in the story gaps left by the one year jump. She would make a very interesting choice for Batwoman as she would be the first intentionally homosexual member of the Bat family and she certainly has the proper motivation and reason to become Batwoman.

Bette Kane - the original pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Batwoman. Just like Cassandra, Bette would make a rather uninteresting choice for Batwoman.

Here's an Aquaman question for ya... With the events of the crisis, is San Diego still submerged? That was probably the most awesome storyline I'd seen come out of Aquaman and I'd hate to see that dissapear. Good ol' Sub Diego.

And yeah, I'd love to see either Selena or Renee in the costume. Gotham Central is still one of the best series I've read.

That was a good storyline and I certainly hope they haven't written Sub Diego out of existance, especially now that the last of the Atlanteans now call it home.

Stupid question but why do the diffrent X-Men books have diffrent stories? I was reading Uncanny X-Men and X-men today at the Grand Central Station news stand and they had two diffrent, seemingly unrelated stories?

Stupid question but why do the diffrent X-Men books have diffrent stories? I was reading Uncanny X-Men and X-men today at the Grand Central Station news stand and they had two diffrent, seemingly unrelated stories?

Well there are two reasons for that:

1. Each X-Men title features a different team.

2. Marvel has lossed any sense of continuity and structure it once had.

Quesada's the worst thing to happen to comics.

Too bad someone replaced Claremont with an evil clone a few years back or this wouldn't be happening.

every once in a while i'll see an X-men comic that looks cool, so i'll pick it up and the moment i see the name "claremont" on the cover i put it back down. i'm not even joking

every once in a while i'll see an X-men comic that looks cool, so i'll pick it up and the moment i see the name "claremont" on the cover i put it back down. i'm not even joking

I can say that I remember when he was a good writer. So, I've come to two conclusions...

He's either become intoxicated by his power and is now using it for evil

or

Stan Lee brutally murdered him one night and to cover it up, he was replaced by a clone with an abnormal brain.

i'm leaning towards the second one. i mean, if he was insane he might still have some good ideas they'd just be, you know, crazy

Obviously one of them isn't secondary mutations. Good idea... poorly executed.

There is also the possibility that the Claremont who was a good writer was actually the clone and he was killed by the real Claremont who hates comics.

Marvels lack of continuity is one of the reasons Morrison left. That and the fact they kept refusing to allow him to make large changes within the world, which is why it was later revealed Xorn was a "fake magneto."

In fact once he purposely held off what was going to happen in the script till the end of the month and the x-books all looked retarded because Morrison had blown up the school in New X-Men while it was standing in the other books.

Silly Marvel.

Xorn, alone, was a good character. That's why it pissed me off when they used him to break their own rule about bringing characters back to life.

Marvel has a rule about bringing characters back to life? Since when?

Marvel Rule About Bringing Characters Back To Life (As set down by Stan Lee):

ALWAYS bring characters people even sorta like back to life. Except Uncle Ben. Wait until you've completely run out of ideas and then call it the shocker of the century and reveal he was Baron Zemo.

Marvel has a rule about bringing characters back to life? Since when?

It's relatively new, like last year new. They stated in an official public announcement that to spur creativity in their writers and to keep fans from feeling too jaded, they would keep characters they have been killed... dead.

They were actually doing fine until 'someone' brought Magneto back.

It's relatively new, like last year new. They stated in an official public announcement that to spur creativity in their writers and to keep fans from feeling too jaded, they would keep characters they have been killed... dead.

They were actually doing fine until 'someone' brought Magneto back.

So why is Bucky back... and Apocalypse?

Years ago, I read some sci-fi novels by Claremont, and they were pretty decent. Don't know about his newer stuff, though....

I recently read Ocean, which was a pretty groovy series. I don't know much about comics, though, so I don't know how well known it is.

I'm currently torrenting the Serenity TPB...

If nobody liked Aquaman he wouldn't still be around and getting a new series. Besides, Namor the Sub-Mariner is 100x more lame than Aquaman. The man flies via tiny wings on his feet... why does he even have wings on his feet if he's an Atlantean?
umm believe you me Aquaman has the smallest fanbase known to man..the only reason they keep him is because he is the staple water character of the DC Universe and talk all the shit you want about Namor but he's cooler in my opinion..hell I like Tempest better then Aquaman, I jus never liked< I'm jus really pissed at DC now for bringing Hal Jordan back as Green Lantern and jus tossing Kyle out in space to appease the GL fanboys, thats the only reason that Hal is back.

umm believe you me Aquaman has the smallest fanbase known to man..the only reason they keep him is because he is the staple water character of the DC Universe and talk all the shit you want about Namor but he's cooler in my opinion..hell I like Tempest better then Aquaman, I jus never liked< I'm jus really pissed at DC now for bringing Hal Jordan back as Green Lantern and jus tossing Kyle out in space to appease the GL fanboys, thats the only reason that Hal is back.

Staple water character of the DC universe? That's no reason to keep him around, they keep him around because he has one of the most vocal and loyal fanbases. According to your logic Marvel should give Namor his own series since he's their staple water character. Also, if Aquaman wasn't popular he would not have his own hour long live-action television series.

Hal is back because he is THE Green Lantern, Kyle wasn't nearly half as interesting as Jordan and making Rayner into a god is just ridiculous. Replacing Hal with Kyle was the mistake, bringing Hal back corrected it. Now if they could just knock Kyle down a few knotches on the power trip.