Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Tanni Foemangler

generic comics thread

It's relatively new, like last year new. They stated in an official public announcement that to spur creativity in their writers and to keep fans from feeling too jaded, they would keep characters they have been killed... dead.

They were actually doing fine until 'someone' brought Magneto back.

They are actually good with the "Stay Dead" Rule in the Ultimate books.

They are actually good with the "Stay Dead" Rule in the Ultimate books.

I give the Ultimate series 5-8 years before we start seeing deadies pop-up from beyond the grave.

Arsinol you gotta admit that giving a ring to an artist is jus pure genius though

It was a good idea, but it was poorly executed because Rayner was never developed into a intriguing character.

It was a good idea, but it was poorly executed because Rayner was never developed into a intriguing character.

yeah tis true.. I fought the fans for that because they were bitchin and moanin to bring Hal back.. and 4/15/06 is Free Comic Book day so go see your vendor because I know I am.

Well at least DC is very good at ressurecting. They carefully think of a good explaination and they take their time to write things out.

Here's how Marvel ressurects a deceased character...

Step 1: A writer makes a controversial decision to kill off a popular character in a noble fashion, self-sacrifice.

Step 2: Marvel hires a new writer after the previous writer moves on to a new project.

Step 3: The new writer is a fan of the deceased character, but was unaware that his predescesor had killed him. He foolishly includes him into the new story arc.

Step 4: Fans with an attention span go ape shit.

Step 5: After Quesada finishes sucking Bendis' cock he wipes his mouth and addresses the problem.

Step 6: Quesada introduces a new shiny metal costume to distract fans from the continuity problems.

Problem solved.

Oh man the recent Nightwing and Robin 1 year later books are sweet..because Robin is wanted for the supposed murder of Batgirl, and Nightwing is fighting a doppleganger Nightwing who is Jason Todd...I think I'm gonna like these titles for awhile.

Everything in the One Year Later series I've seen has been excellent.

well I just got the Catwoman 1 year later.. I mean the cover alone made me get it

shit Catwoman 1 year was awesome is that supposed to be Bruce's baby or what?

Nobody knows yet, but the Earth-2 version of the Huntress was Helena Wayne, the daughter of Catwoman and Batman, and Catwoman's newborn child is Helena so I guess that's either a big fucking clue or DC is just fucking with us.

If it's not Bruce's I'll be shocked. Especially considering that they both know each others secret identities and when they both found out they had been mindwiped by the JLA it only made them closer.

By now, most people know that the start of Marvel's summer crossover event entitled "Civil War" begins with a massive explosion involving the New Warriors and that only one Warrior will survive. This survivor was suggested to be Microbe, which has made many Marvel fans furious after already being angered by the unfavorable way Marvel was handling the New Warriors, particularly the fan-favorite Speedball. However, in favor of the character's survival is the fact that Speedball was mentioned as one of four candidates listed who will join the New Avengers after the Civil War mini-series ends, leading to some speculation that Speedball may survive despite Quesada's public disdain for the character as a bone being thrown to irrate fans who are furious at the way Marvel is slaughtering the New Warriors.

Marvel may slightly redeem themselves if this rumor is true. Now all they need is an editor who doesn't enjoy pissing off fans.

It should also be noted that Speedball's powers would ultimately allow him to survive such an explosion, as he could just simply absorb the kinetic energy launched at him with only minor injuries.

yeah I wanna read the Civil War stuff it peaks my intrests, but damn the 1 year later titles are jus insane I mean 2 major Bat villians dying in the same issue..this Crisis has really screwed things up

By now, most people know that the start of Marvel's summer crossover event entitled "Civil War" begins with a massive explosion involving the New Warriors and that only one Warrior will survive. This survivor was suggested to be Microbe, which has made many Marvel fans furious after already being angered by the unfavorable way Marvel was handling the New Warriors, particularly the fan-favorite Speedball. However, in favor of the character's survival is the fact that Speedball was mentioned as one of four candidates listed who will join the New Avengers after the Civil War mini-series ends, leading to some speculation that Speedball may survive despite Quesada's public disdain for the character as a bone being thrown to irrate fans who are furious at the way Marvel is slaughtering the New Warriors.

Marvel may slightly redeem themselves if this rumor is true. Now all they need is an editor who doesn't enjoy pissing off fans.

It should also be noted that Speedball's powers would ultimately allow him to survive such an explosion, as he could just simply absorb the kinetic energy launched at him with only minor injuries.

Speedball didn't seem to be anywhere near te explosion from what I saw.

Speedball didn't seem to be anywhere near te explosion from what I saw.

His death and Microbe's survival were suggested in an issue of She-Hulk in which a newspaper's front page had pictures of Night Thrasher, Namorita, and Speedball, but not Microbe.

I'm just glad it appears they are chosing Speedball, the other Warriors are completely useless and dated characters, Speedball's had a vocal fan following since he debuted.

...We need more Squirrel Girl, she should be Speedball's love interest.

SquirrelGirl.jpg