Freedom of speech, the amount of space we have, the amount of money we have in comparison to other countries, the fact that though our government has some flaws it's relatively stable and we don't have soldiers gunning people down in the streets.

I like the fact that we have a broad range of climates, from tropical to arctic, and that we (currently) have an all-volunteer army, meaning that everyone in it wants to serve their country and no one is being forced into anything. I also like the fact that we are the number one military power in the world, simply because that means people are less tempted to invade/attack us.

I don't really see how this thread is "constructive criticism" though, since we aren't criticizing America.

I love how we are made up of old tough immigrant grandmothers, and how we eat fatty food, and the prairie and the mountains and the northern woods, and the names of states, and uh Native American languages, and the required cynicism of all university students, and Halloween, and the authors that wrote here, and how all the grass turns yellow when it dies, will post more later

I love how poorly represented this country is by it's elected officials.

I love how a president of the United States can be impeached for lying about a blow job but not about the reasons for going to war.

I love the fact that America was created by immigrants and how resentful a lot of it's citizens have become towards the immigrants with different skin colors.

I love how we seem to forget the lessons we've learned and just dump all over the progress we've made over the past 100 years.

I love how Christian beliefs and teachings are force feed to us.

I love how I can watch Spongebob Squarepants in my underwear while eating a pint of ice cream after scarfing down fatty tacos and burgers and washing it down with a soda that contains more sugar than one person should have in a lifetime.

I love that at a moments notice I can purchase tons of lime Jell-O and fill my swimming pool up with the stuff just because I want to.

I love how I can do what I want, when I want, how I want to, and where I want to.

our freedoms, cause even though they aren't as much as they could be, they beat most countries by a ton.

our wealth

our current position as the most dominant nation on earth (subject to change once China tries to beat us)

technology

space programs

order

stability

I understand what he was "saying", I just can't believe anyone would outright pigeon-hole people by gender. There are men who act "feminine" and vice-versa, and there's definitley no reason to be discriminatory against either men or women based on sex.

I understand what he was "saying", I just can't believe anyone would outright pigeon-hole people by gender. There are men who act "feminine" and vice-versa, and there's definitley no reason to be discriminatory against either men or women based on sex.

He's not pidgeon-holing anyone. He's stating a fact: Men and Women are different. We all welcome equality between the sexes and even though the sexual lines are blurred these days, it must be noted that there's still a defined boundary.

Okay, there are biological differences between men and women, but I don't see exactly how that means men and women can't be equal. He said "We are less sexist, but we have the problem of people forgeting that men and women are different." implying that there's something wrong with women being treated equally.

Okay, there are biological differences between men and women, but I don't see exactly how that means men and women can't be equal. He said "We are less sexist, but we have the problem of people forgeting that men and women are different." implying that there's something wrong with women being treated equally.

He didn't imply that at all. :mellow:

He was simply stating that equality can only go so far before both sexes are hindered or one sex is treated better than the other, out of fear of being called out for discrimination.

I definitley don't see what you're saying, and anyway I don't really see "equality can only go so far before both sexes are hindered or one sex is treated better than the other, out of fear of being called out for discrimination." in society, in any case. It's not an excuse to keep women under men.

I definitley don't see what you're saying, and anyway I don't really see "equality can only go so far before both sexes are hindered or one sex is treated better than the other, out of fear of being called out for discrimination." in society, in any case. It's not an excuse to keep women under men.

NO ONES TRYING TO KEEP WOMEN UNDER MEN!!!

What we're saying is that as of right now, in america, under the law, men and women are as equal as they can be without one sex getting more rights than others. It may not be true under practice but that's what the courts are for.

NO ONES TRYING TO KEEP WOMEN UNDER MEN!!!

What we're saying is that as of right now, in america, under the law, men and women are as equal as they can be without one sex getting more rights than others. It may not be true under practice but that's what the courts are for.

No Equal Rights Amendment.