Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Belial

WoW Live Action Movie

Whoever heard of Blizzard making something in 6 months? It'll take as long as SC Ghost :) Then it might be good...

Only good in the sense that that shit will never see the light of day.

There is no way this can be good. I just can't see it making a good transition to live action. Lord of the Rings was done just fine, but World of Warcraft is way out there in the outrageous field. The ridiculously ornate armor is probably going to look just foolish. I can just imagine a Night-Elf hunter running around on screen wearing the Dragonstalker set... and it ain't good.

Plus there's a fact that a large percentage of what makes the warcraft series so great is it's art style. And I can't see that style translating into the real world. I have a feeling they'll throw everything into the overly generic medieval fantasy stylings rather than Warcraft's over the top cartoony visuals.

But to be honest either way will be dissapointing. From all sides this seems like a bad move.

It's not too interesting. It's usually something like "No way you can 20-man Thunderaan with a tank that has Ashkandi and 4 pieces of tier 0.5, you'd need like 4 Resto spec Druids and a bunch of Holy Pallies. Plus you'd have to shell out 50g for all your melee to have Greater Stoneshield pots." and the kid behind me in class is like "You guys talking about Halo?"

I laughed at that and feel bad about it.

Anyway I maintain that this movie will suck and will probably have a lighter LotR soundtrack and nothing good like Power Metal.

Plus there's a fact that a large percentage of what makes the warcraft series so great is it's art style. And I can't see that style translating into the real world. I have a feeling they'll throw everything into the overly generic medieval fantasy stylings rather than Warcraft's over the top cartoony visuals.

But to be honest either way will be dissapointing. From all sides this seems like a bad move.

If they went with the Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans and Warcraft: Tides of Darkness art style, they could definitely translate that into live action. But if they go with anything Warcraft III of later, they're fucked.

If they went with the Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans and Warcraft: Tides of Darkness art style, they could definitely translate that into live action. But if they go with anything Warcraft III of later, they're fucked.

Well it is the World of Warcraft movie. Not the Warcraft movie. So I assume they'd be sticking mainly with Warcraft III and WoW, which means they're fucked.