Accelerated Evolution

So, AE, I'm getting a tattoo

Alundra

Yeah, as the title thread says, I am going to get a tattoo this week, well, two of them to be exact. The first one is going to be the stereotypical right shoulder one, which is going to be Dream Theaters "Majesty" symbol that they used on their album covers for a number of years.

Here is the symbol.

Along with this, I am going to get the phrase, "I'll sleep when I'm dead" on the same arm ascending from the lower inside of my arm (under the bicep), mainly because this has been a motto of mine for the past few years since I had to take alot of responsibility on after I graduated high school and such. But, the thing is, I don't want to have this in English, I would rather have it done in Latin or something of the like.

So my question to you is: Which language should it be (No Japanese, Chinese or Korean, thanks; I prefer to stay away from language stereotypes), and if you have any, how bad was the pain and what have you had to go through after you had it (as in skin irritation or some type of infection).

agreed COMPLETELY

but i think it would be rad in english if you found right font. and you wouldn't have people CONSTANTLY asking you what your arm said

Yeah, I thought about that as well, I think it would get tiring after awhile.

Any suggestions about the font?

agreed COMPLETELY

but i think it would be rad in english if you found right font. and you wouldn't have people CONSTANTLY asking you what your arm said

I am taking Russian at college next year!

Russian history, Russian literature, and Russian language!

And I agree, explaining what your tattoo says all the time could get really annoying. I got no suggestion for a font, though.

Hell, if you go to Russia it'll look normal... Right?

Funny enough, I was just about to post in RT about the two new tattoos I'm getting. One is a viking tattoo and the other is a metal tattoo.

I already have one viking tattoo on my shoulder/arm and crest/shield tattoo on my back.

The new one's I'm getting are a viking sword with a crown circling the blade at the tip. The blade with have the teiwaz rune on it. The handle will have the thurisaz rune on it. The crown will have the ansuz rune on the center of it.

The metal tattoo with go almost all the way around my arm and feature a mount rushmore like monument featuring the 'faces' of five bands; the Motorhead bull, Dio's demon Murray, Iron Maiden's Eddie, a devil horned Angus Young, and the Judas Priest symbol.

man i wish i knew more about fonts and stuff... my friend made a really cool one for a mock heavy metal mag he created called "euphonica". it's curved and blocky on the top but hard edged and evil on the bottom

i only have one printout of it so i'll scan and post it when i get the chance, just so you can get an idea of some really rad heavy metal font

oh snap. that looks cool as hell in russian

snap twice. if i get denied pics of devil-Angus i'm going to... wherever you are and ripping it off with my teeth, laminating it, scanning it, and putting it on my desktop

Yeah, as the title thread says, I am going to get a tattoo this week, well, two of them to be exact. The first one is going to be the stereotypical right shoulder one, which is going to be Dream Theaters "Majesty" symbol that they used on their album covers for a number of years.

Here is the symbol.

Along with this, I am going to get the phrase, "I'll sleep when I'm dead" on the same arm ascending from the lower inside of my arm (under the bicep), mainly because this has been a motto of mine for the past few years since I had to take alot of responsibility on after I graduated high school and such. But, the thing is, I don't want to have this in English, I would rather have it done in Latin or something of the like.

So my question to you is: Which language should it be (No Japanese, Chinese or Korean, thanks; I prefer to stay away from language stereotypes), and if you have any, how bad was the pain and what have you had to go through after you had it (as in skin irritation or some type of infection).

You know, I was going to get this symbol on my arm next year as I turned 18.

Good choice.

The new one's I'm getting are a viking sword with a crown circling the blade at the tip. The blade with have the teiwaz rune on it. The handle will have the thurisaz rune on it. The crown will have the ansuz rune on the center of it.

Not to be a dick or anything, but i dont recall any scandinavian tradition involving tattoos. It's kind of like being a white german guy getting giant african lip plugs. Or having a mayan dress in traditional geisha clothing.

It just seems like a conflict of cultures.

Not to be a dick or anything, but i dont recall any scandinavian tradition involving tattoos. It's kind of like being a white german guy getting giant african lip plugs. Or having a mayan dress in traditional geisha clothing.

It just seems like a conflict of cultures.

Well, considering there's no evidence to say that vikings did or did not have tattoos and that your analogies aren't really compatible either AND it has nothing to do with tradition or cultural authenticity/historical accuracy, I fail to see your reasoning at all or why you even bothered saying anything.

But the consideration is always welcome when it involves something of this magnitude.