Wind

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mith, I know you've said you listened to post-grunge before. What bands? I've been listening to the Toadies, which supposedly are a post grunge band, and I really like it.

Well, define "listened to." I've heard enough of it to know that it's basically a big label radio-friendly corruption of grunge. So, I don't know it that well. But there are always the "big names" like Three Doors Down and Nickleback. But then their music is just hilariously bad.

My "post" genre of choice is really post-punk, which I know pretty darn well.

Well, define "listened to." I've heard enough of it to know that it's basically a big label radio-friendly corruption of grunge. So, I don't know it that well.

My "post" genre of choice is really post-punk, which I know pretty darn well.

Really? Hm. What I was listening could sound like that, I guess, but isn't most grunge pretty radio friendly? Or am I listening to the wrong thing?

Post punk is like, At the Drive In, right?

Really? Hm. What I was listening could sound like that, I guess, but isn't most grunge pretty radio friendly? Or am I listening to the wrong thing?

Post punk is like, At the Drive In, right?

Nah, back in the early days of grunge it was too "raw" for the radio so post-grunge was created. But then I'm not much of an expert on grunge, as I've never liked it too much.

At the Drive In? lol.

Post punk is like (old) Nick Cave, The Mekons, The Fall, and Joy Division. Hand down, some of the best stuff to come out of the 1980's.

At the Drive In sorta fit into Post-Punk Revival.

Yeah, well the thing about post-punk revival is that it has basically nothing to do with the original post-punk movement, as far as I can tell.

The original movement was the result of artists with a decidedly punk mentality coming up against the musical limitations of punk as a genre and expanding into more varied musical styles. It was a natural evolution.

I don't know where the heck this post-punk revival stuff came from, but it ain't the kind of music that I find appealing.