Accelerated Evolution

The Non-Metal Thread

Wind

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, i'll try and upload it soon :hardgay:

and to promote a healthy post-rock environment, here's a quick list of the stuff i appear to have

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

a silver mount zion (dur)

apse

...as the poets affirm

below the sea

bright red paper

caspian

ctrlaltdelete

daturah

destroyalldreamers

do make say think

don caballero

enablers

esmerine

explosions in the sky

fractal pattern

god is an astronaut

GY!BE

grails

gregor samsa (love this group)

irepress

joy wants eternity

laura

magyar posse

maserati

meanwhile, back in communist russia...

MGR

mogwai

mono

mono + world's end girlfriend

port royal

red sparowes

set fire to flames

shora

the autumn project

the beach

the evpatoria report

the mercury program

tribes of neurot (if they count)

Up-C Down-C Left-C Right-C ABC + Start

yndi halda

yokozuna

youthmovie soundtrack strategies....

whao, more than i thought. i guess i've been meaning to make a list of this stuff for a while anyways, so there it is. interested parties can request certain stuff if they want, but no guarantees on how long it will take to actually post it :tongue:

If I may ask, what the hell is "post rock"? I've never heard of it....

i actually looked it up on wiki the other day since i was tired of telling people, "ever heard godspeed you! black emperor? stuff like that." this tidbit sums it up pretty well:

"using rock instrumentation for non-rock purposes..."

---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock

i just posted some in the release thread if you're interested :wink:

From now on, I'm highly recommending "rockabilly". Simply put, it's the essence of what rock music should be (but usually isn't). Simple, gritty, and powerful. Plus, it makes you wanna get up and dance! Here are some good starter bands: Rev. Horton Heat, Legendary Shack Shakers, and Hillbilly Hellcats. Might just cure me of my surf music obsession.....

From now on, I'm highly recommending "rockabilly". Simply put, it's the essence of what rock music should be (but usually isn't). Simple, gritty, and powerful. Plus, it makes you wanna get up and dance! Here are some good starter bands: Rev. Horton Heat, Legendary Shack Shakers, and Hillbilly Hellcats. Might just cure me of my surf music obsession.....

I only listen to radio twice a week; Sunday mornings, when this one station plays "Preachin' the Blues," which is too musically excellent to miss, and Friday evening, when they play "Shake the Shack," a rock-a-billy show.

Suffice to say that rock-a-billy rules. I don't actually own any albums or know any artists, because I think if I listened to it more than once a week I'd go fucking crazy, but I highly recommend it.

Basically, any of the "post" genres are the same genre except softer......basically.

That hardly seems true for the GSY!BE I've listened to.

It's acoustic... but I wouldn't call it softer by any stretch of the imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

I second this. And I can't believe I didn't recommend them to you lads earlier.

I third this, it's excellent driving music, as well as something to listen to before you go to sleep as well.