Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
darkon

The Art Posting Topic

This is from his Blue Period (Which actually came before he did the Cubist self-portrait I believe.)

This one's my favorite, it's totally black metal.

I was debating which artist to post next, when I realized why have to focus on just one artist. Here are some Gothic Cathedrals!

St.%20Denis.jpg

St. Denis: The Cathedral that started a revolution.

Notre%20Dame%20Cathedral.jpg

Notre Dame: Legendary.

chartres.jpg

Chartres: Not as legendary as Notre Dame. But in my opinion more aesthetically pleasing.

Amiens.jpg

Amiens: Not that famous, but incredibly important to an art historian.

Reims%20-%20cathedrale%20(1).jpg

Reims: Definitely looks as if it is reaching towards the heavens.

cologne%20cathedral.JPG

Cologne: Another beautiful structure.

Heh, I used Cologne in an art project last year. I did it with pen and ink, which took me fucking forever. Then had this awesome deep purple/gray sky with this red mushroom cloud in the background, and a blood angel wing way in the front for forced perspective (which was the main point of the project). Of course, I only had 2 minutes left to finish it the day grades were do so I had to do a poorly done was for the grass and it completely ruined the project. ¬_¬

Anyway, I figured I'd post some Ashley Wood stuff.

mag5.jpg

curse1.jpg

hell3.jpg

hell1.jpg10.jpg

Yea, they didn't have much on the page I got those pics from. I also like the way he did the Metal Gear Solid comic. Cause it sort of mimics Shinkawa's style.

I was thinking about this, and I also like a painting of a guy sitting on a sidewalk outside a building, it's sort of stylized and the colors are all bright and pastel and it looks like "ugh". I think it was painted from 1850-1950 and the title has something to do with "Sunday" but I can't find it on google, does anyone know what I am talking about, apparently it's somewhat famous. >>;

I was thinking about this, and I also like a painting of a guy sitting on a sidewalk outside a building, it's sort of stylized and the colors are all bright and pastel and it looks like "ugh". I think it was painted from 1850-1950 and the title has something to do with "Sunday" but I can't find it on google, does anyone know what I am talking about, apparently it's somewhat famous. >>;

http://gallery.sjsu.edu/portfolios.htm#Anchor-ART-23240

Check there... I'm not sure if it's on that site though. But it's your best bet when looking for paintings.

That guy is awesome TCZ. I love the last one. And now, since I've mention him before and am eating a cookie right now. Wayne Thiebaud

img_thiebaud_frostedfractions_lg.jpg

WThiebaud6D.jpg

breakfast.jpg

dd_thiebaud-machines.jpg

and because double posts are worth DOUBLE the points...

here's one of the hottest illustrators in the world right now. i've slipped art by him in all over AE and here's your formal introduction to JAMES JEAN

jamesjean-sexed.jpg

the man can do ANYTHING, but we're lucky enough to have him be so kind as to do comic book covers when he's not conquering planet earth

greenarrowcover.jpg

fables38.jpg

batgirl51.jpg

and there's his 'finer' art

016.jpg

rose.jpg

and what james jean topic would be complete without pages from his sketchbooks

sketchbook99_12.jpg

sketchbook00_02.jpg

I would have posted some, but I've been far too lazy. I'll get around to posting some more stuff soon.

Kevin Llewellyn is awesome by the way.

Album covers from Storm Thorgerson!

MU_afc_Hysteria1.jpg

Muse - Hysteria single

TV_sfc_Televators.jpg

The Mars Volta - Televators single

LZ_afc_HousesOfHoly.jpg

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

PF_afc_Animals.jpg

Pink Floyd - Animals (My favorite Pink Floyd album)

PG_afc_3Melt.jpg

Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel 3

PF_afc_AtomHMother.jpg

Pink Floud - Atom Heart Mother

BD_afc_Skunkworks.jpg

Bruce Dickinson - Skunkworks

He does a lot more than just these.

http://www.stormthorgerson.com/

^ i've always dug that animals cover

so i was at my friend's house yesterday, perusing this nice collection of leatherbound books on famous artists, when i found a book on this dude GEORGES MATHIEU. now i'm not a fan of abstract expressionism by any means, but i couldn't get enough of this guy's work:

Mathieu_G.jpg

mathtombabus.jpg

(these are pretty huge. check this out)

as his career progressed his works became significantly more "design-y"; i.e. cleaner with less emphasis on big messy marks and thus becoming more "commercially acceptable" (as the population at large could digest and appreciate them more easily):

eckardstein05-23-05-13.jpg

mmm... gimage isn't coming up with the stuff i wanted to show, so if you see a book about him look through it for the coins and swordhandle he designed. fucking fabulous

I have recently fell in love with Christos Magganas' photographs after looking at them in "Pixel Surgeons".

xel_ver_36_49.jpg

xel_ver_36_52.jpg

The first one is my absolute favorite. I want to buy a huge print of it.

^ that one with the water looks goofy. but i dig B&W and sepia colored stuff a lot anyways....

SO. i really encourage people to check this dude's work out: http://www.jeremyforson.com/

he graduated from my school last month and i REALLY want him to "make it" and not disappear into obscurity. most of the "new work" was part of his thesis. i'm in love with the tentacle mouth one :wub:

if you're interested i can try to recall the ideas behind his thesis pieces. they're actually really interesting

My friend was really interested. She really loves the new style of pop art going on, and his is reminiscent of that.

And on that note:

http://www.picturesonwalls.com/