Accelerated Evolution

New dangers of marijuana?

I was reading Newsweek recently and I came across an ad. It was one of those anti-drug things. I some times read these things for a good laugh but this one clamed something that I haven’t seen before. It said that marijuana could lead to depression, suicidal thoughts, and schizophrenia. This clam is repeated on their web sight( http://theantidrug.com/ ) along with several other things like the idea that 1 joint is as bad for you as 4 cigarettes.

In the magazine they listed there sources, if I get a chance im going to check them out and see if they are calling inconclusive findings facts

I was reading Newsweek recently and I came across an ad. It was one of those anti-drug things. I some times read these things for a good laugh but this one clamed something that I haven’t seen before. It said that marijuana could lead to depression, suicidal thoughts, and schizophrenia. This clam is repeated on their web sight( http://theantidrug.com/ ) along with several other things like the idea that 1 joint is as bad for you as 4 cigarettes.

In the magazine they listed there sources, if I get a chance im going to check them out and see if they are calling inconclusive findings facts

Heard of this before, I never really looked into it good though. I can kind of see why it might do that stuff. The bit about it being worse then cigarettes is true. And not being filtered is a big part of the reason why.

In the end though, smoke is smoke and as such, not something you should ever be breathing in!

... that 1 joint is as bad for you as 4 cigarettes.

i can see that fact being true, every spliff ive ever smoked has had so much resin in it that it would actually stop burning, so yeah, theres probably loads of that shit in your lungs.

Cigarettes wouldnt be that bad if they didn't fill them up with chemicals to make them burn faster.

The 1 joint to 4 cigarettes fact is false, because tobacco has chemical additives such as arsenic in it and there's the side-effect of tar on the lungs. These things don't occur with pot smoking. The only thing you have to worry with there is the smoke and we breathe worse by walking outside, especially if you live in a city like LA.

I hate anti-drug/anti-tobacco fascists. Let's keep people from making their own decisions, and accepting the responsibility for said decisions. We can also blame corporate america for forcing people to smoke and get cancer. :dry:

The world would be better without those nazi fucks.

I heard that smoking doesn't raise your proneness to cancer, but it does create the likelihood that if you do get cancer it will be either lung, mouth, tongue, lip, throat, or something like that. I don't know how true that is though.

I heard that smoking doesn't raise your proneness to cancer, but it does create the likelihood that if you do get cancer it will be either lung, mouth, tongue, lip, throat, or something like that. I don't know how true that is though.

i heard that from somebody too, i wouldnt doubt that the chem smoke from cigarettes is radioactive however, that shits disgusting.

i heard that from somebody too, i wouldnt doubt that the chem smoke from cigarettes is radioactive however, that shits disgusting.

Well of course the additives in cigarettes are disgusting. I'm just talking smoking plain tobacco, marijuana.

Well of course the additives in cigarettes are disgusting. I'm just talking smoking plain tobacco, marijuana.

Do any brands (Possibly not on mainstream market) sell straight up tobacco ciggs without all the added crap?

Do any brands (Possibly not on mainstream market) sell straight up tobacco ciggs without all the added crap?

A couple of people I know that smoke roll their own cigarettes and claim it's healthier.

I really don't know. Their cigarettes smell just as gross as everyone elses, they just look more like joints.

EDIT: I just remembered, American Spirit puts as few additives as possible in there. Another thing I heard from a friend who smokes.

Although apparently, as far as cigarettes go, American Spirit are also bad cigarettes. Odd how I know so much about the damn things, and I've never smoked one and never plan to.

well it does certainly make a lot of people paranoid, and it can't be helping the thought of suicide, etc. but i wouldn't say it would be the only cause if suicide were to happen.

depression i can see. schizophrenia i cannot. perhaps for a short period but not permantly.

Roll your own, but when you do that you are sacrificing a filter. I'm sure there are some good cigarettes out there, but in my experience most have been totally nasty.

Although apparently, as far as cigarettes go, American Spirit are also bad cigarettes. Odd how I know so much about the damn things, and I've never smoked one and never plan to.

Its not so much that there bad, they just go stale fast. Without the preservatives they don’t last as long, who would have guessed?

That's why any good pothead has a bowl or bong, instead of wasting time on rolling joints.

However, those are harder to conceal. Joints are more convenient since you can stick them anywhere and they'll be hidden. Plus, my cousin on numerous occassions has walked around smoking joints since unless you look at them closely they look like a cigarette. That said, yes, any good pothead has a bowl or bong anyway.

However, those are harder to conceal. Joints are more convenient since you can stick them anywhere and they'll be hidden. Plus, my cousin on numerous occassions has walked around smoking joints since unless you look at them closely they look like a cigarette. That said, yes, any good pothead has a bowl or bong anyway.

I don't think I actually know anyone that smokes joints.