Accelerated Evolution

The Customer is always an ass!

Crube

People need to learn how to read sometimes. When I was working at Quiznos, these two ladies got pissed off because "we were overcharging them." Just like any other fast food restaruant, there is an option where anyone can upgrade their sandwhich or whatever to a combo of a drink and an extra food thing. So, as the sandwhich went down the "assembly line", the ladies was greeted with the price. The look on their faces was as if they saw a baby being mauled by a grizzly bear. They demanded their drinks and chips and this little conversation happened.

Cashier: "You only bought the sandwhiches."

Mad Lady: "They also come with a drink and chips!"

Cashier: "That is a combo meal, I can ring you up the meal, but it will cost a little more."

Mad Lady: "You are just ripping us off!"

It was funny for me at this point, but all good things must come to an end. So, I came into this argument and told them that there was a difference and why buying chips and a soda would cost them extra money. They did not eat their sandwhiches, they simply threw them away and stomped out.

Working at Quiznos was interesting. There were these "stations" that prep the sandwhich like an assembly line. Another customer (Not the same day, it is a rule to have less than five idiots eat at our place, or atleast we try to limit to five idiot customers a day) orders a sandwhich. As soon as the sandwhich gets to my station and all wrapped up, the woman changed her mind. This went on for five more times. Sure, no problem, but we have to throw away the sandwhich. It was funny, she thought she was going away with a free sandwhich, not on my watch! (Or at all... we have to throw the nicely crafted beauties even if it is a small defect.) This woman was the least trouble out of all the Ass Customers we have to deal with.

So, share your stories of annoying customers! (If you worked that is!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was once this lady who had ordered a steak sandwich and when she had gotten it, she had complained that is had to have been a chicken fried steak. We tried to explain it to her calmly that it wasn't that, it was just a regular steak sandwich.

....Well suffice to say, she got all huffy, went to her table, and slammed the sandwich on the table. She ate it, but it was pretty damn funny. XD My manager was laughing in the backroom.

I was an on-call cook at the Shades of Green military resort at Disney World. One night a customer actually ordered a Turkey Club with no turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, or anything else that would actually make it a sandwhich... so they essentially payed $9+ for toast. I was nearly fired for yelling out of the bar window, "Why didn't you just order the whole fucking sandwhich instead of paying nine bucks for toast?!"

People need to learn how to read sometimes. When I was working at Quiznos, these two ladies got pissed off because "we were overcharging them." Just like any other fast food restaruant, there is an option where anyone can upgrade their sandwhich or whatever to a combo of a drink and an extra food thing. So, as the sandwhich went down the "assembly line", the ladies was greeted with the price. The look on their faces was as if they saw a baby being mauled by a grizzly bear. They demanded their drinks and chips and this little conversation happened.

Cashier: "You only bought the sandwhiches."

Mad Lady: "They also come with a drink and chips!"

Cashier: "That is a combo meal, I can ring you up the meal, but it will cost a little more."

Mad Lady: "You are just ripping us off!"

Don't people know how to READ the menu?

I don't remember much of the assholes that went to my work before but I went to grab some dinner with my sister at Opa! and there was this hoity-toity couple in front of us. The cashier who took our order offered the couple more napkins and the woman in a haughty voice says, "Why? Do you think we eat that messy?"

This other time, my friend and I were grabbing drinks during intermission at a hockey game at a concession stand. All other concessions are really, really packed and have long lines, so we took the one closest to where we were sitting. The moron in front of us, takes his sweet freakin' time ordering and *thinking* that it takes up all of the 20 mins of intermission. The cashier looked really nervous because people who were waiting in his line were sighing and glaring at the customer in front of us. Not to mention, we were missing the second period of the game and my friend and I had pretty good seats on the lower bowl. And all the jackass ends up ordering is a bag of popcorn and a glass of beer.

^you let him get away with that? The thought at Sabres games is that you order quickly or somebody else will. Time is money, and there are more than enough people willing to pay 5 bucks a drink. That does remind me of the dumbass cashier who just completely ignores the ahlf of the counter where I am and serves everybody else for 5 minutes, then comes back with an "I'm so sorry, i completely forgot" I'm sorry, you forgot that there were people here? You forgot to look up? You forgot what you get paid to do? The customer isn't the only one capable of being an ass

Ditto for the employees being complete assholes too. I ordered a beer at a different concession stand and the lady gives me this bitchy look so I nicely hand her my ID. On my ID it clearly says in caps and also highlighted: Under 18 until September 2005. This happened in 2006 so naturally, I'm already legal to purchase alcohol. You'd think she'd use her pea brain and think.

But no, she turns to her co-worker and asks him if it's right. I literally stood there for 10 minutes waiting for her to count with my mouth hanging open. Then finally she hands me the glass and spills part of it on my hand. Thanks. Cow.

I don't know, sometimes you just encounter the assholes at sporting events.

I guarantee you they saw the price of the large sandwich and must've thought that it came with chips and a drink. Quizno's charges $9.77 for a large sandwich, so they're damn right, it's a ripoff.

Quiznos is known for overstuffing their sandwhiches.

They're known for overcharging, hence why their business failed here in the 847.

Hm, then their business suck... where the one here, we just overstuff the loving fuck out of it. We never followed by the recommended amount... EVER. Atleast when I was working. :crube: I'd overstuff them nicely.

I've dealt with many fucktards when I used to work for Best Buy. Lets just say that Best Buy customers & pretty much most customers in general are some of the most dumbest, ingorant, annoying, mother fuckers that I have ever encountered. Fucking idiots.

A few days ago I went to KFC & ordered some chicken. Tasty chicken! ( ^o^) <3 But yeah. This dude comes in & wants some chicken breasts, but he's not specific on the quantity & the cashier dude told him that they had a couple left. The fucking customer got all mad & started harrassing them, cussing at them, & asking them why the fuck did they not anticipate customer buying the chicken breasts. Then he went on to throw stuff at the cashier dude & all. They were about to call the cops when I turned around & told him, "Because at this time of night, when they're almost about to close, the law of supply & demands dictates that it is not necessary to have 40 million fucking chicken breasts for your stupid ass." The guy turned around & he was like, "What the fuck did you say?" I got up & said, "You heard what I said you dumb fuck. You need to get the fuck out of here 'cause you're fucking starting to annoy me & the rest fo the KFC staff." My younger brother got up & told him to get the fuck out too. I guess he saw that I'm pretty tall & that I was quite serious & he was like, "Fuck all of you & left." The KFC staff clapped & so did a few customers in the store. They even gave me a free desert!! (^o^ ) <3 But yeah. Customers are fucking retards. I don't like to bug employees 'cause I know the amount of shit tht they go through every single day.

( >o<)/

I work for the second largest electronics retialer in North America. I'm also the stores PC, Component, Audio, DLP, and LCD "expert" (It's even Embroidered onto my shirt). Do the math.

Oh, and my store? Highest Revenue and foot traffice in the country.

After reading this thread, I can safely say I deal with ten times the idiocy in a day then most of you do in a week.

I work for the second largest electronics retialer in North America. I'm also the stores PC, Component, Audio, DLP, and LCD "expert" (It's even Embroidered onto my shirt). Do the math.

Oh, and my store? Highest Revenue and foot traffice in the country.

After reading this thread, I can safely say I deal with ten times the idiocy in a day then most of you do in a week.

I worked at Best Buy in West Los Angeles. The highest volume store in the company. Every year, on the day after Thanksgiving otherwise known as Black Friday, we would almost hit $1 million in sales, just on that one day alone. During Christmas sales, everyday was a $200,000 to $400,000 day. That will give you an idea on the amount of traffic that store gets. Along with that traffic, we got a lot of 'tards as well. Yup. Handling those dumb fucks was always a new adventure. \(>o< )

I can feel you man!

I work at McDonalds.

In an area that lives off of welfare.

I think I win.

I swear to God I have been so fucking close to walking out of my store on soooo many occasions that it's just not funny anymore. I've gotten to the point that I can tell when I'm about to serve a dumb fuck, or someone that is going to be trouble, and I have to cut them off all the time just to get the order right.

To give you some kind of idea of the area I work in, half the people I serve on a daily basis have teeth missing, stink to the highest of heaven - like they haven't washed for three weeks, are absolutely fucked off of their nut, skitzing out on drugs and can't read for the fucking life of them. People shoot up and deal in our restrooms.

I get incredibly worked up when I talk about my job.

I get people that walk in, look at the menu board for a good 5 or 10 solid minutes, walk up to the counter and ask me if we sell shakes. WE'RE A FUCKING MCDONALDS RESTARAUNT. OF COURSE WE SELL MOTHERFUCKING SHAKES.

"Yes, what would you like?"

"Just a shake, that's all."

"...ok, which flavour?"

"Chocolate *duh*"

"..and which size..?"

"LARGE OF COURSE."

"$2.95 thanks."

*they throw their money across the counter at me*

Shit. Sorry I'm not a mind reader. Oh and there's this kid that comes in every morning before 10:30, he's like 12 or something.

"Can I get a cheeseburger?"

"We don't actually do lunch until 10:30, sorry"

"Oh, well, how much are your shakes?"

"What size?"

"Small, how much are those, what flavours do you have??"

"..."

I've gotten to the point where I tell things to people point blank. Fuck customer service. "10:30, same as every other day mate." "The prices are on the menu boards." "*points specifically to sign* Sold out, like the sticker says."

Oh God I could go on all night.

yeah I work at a clothes store and get absolutley pain in the ass requests.

my job is to clean, organize, and put-back clothes. While doing returns from up front and from the fitting room, and while helping out dumb-ass customers find clothes or request me to goto back stock.

:-( Kella change jobs.... I mean, I really friggin hate my job mainly due to boredom of an office, but I could never handle that. I would be working somewhere else by now!

I used to work on a checkout in Asda whilst I was studying my A-Levels at 6th Form. I dont even think I was there for a year. We got some right twats most days.

The funniest was at Xmas, absolutely jam-packed full of angry, thick, last minute shoppers. Some dude had a trolley full of food and drink, and half way through the checkout he decided to dispute the price of the whiskey. It was marked on the shelf, and on the til correctly but he still kept on "It's a rip-off! I dont fucking believe this! The amount i'm expected to pay for whiskey... rant rant rant" Fuck off.