Did someone say Phantasy Star Universe?

LeadingMan

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3062_en.html

The above link has 3 trailers... 2 single player and 1 multiplayer and for those that can't be downloading big ol files there's some screens encapslating the whole thing. Oh and ignore the people posting below... They tend to be idiots.

Multiplayer features shown:

Races: Human, Newman, Beast, Cast

Extended customization options (size options still vary from zomgxbox heuge to teeny tiny and skinny / fat options and distribution still exist.)

Individual players given rooms with customizable content.

Vehicles (Bikes and Tanks shown)

Humanoid Mags

Groups appear to be 6+ players in the field.

Tons of monsters to fight at once.

Mag limits appear to summon huge weapons instead of beasts like in PSO. Examples shown: Minigun and giant robot boxing arms.

WOO PSU!

I'm just hoping they allow cross platform connection this time. I know that's not very likely, but as long as the games are played on Sega's servers it should be doable with a little effort. Square already pulled it off...

Then again: I dunno if I want duping and stuff like that on the 360 version... I'm sure it'll pop up within a week or so on the ps2 and pc versions.

I'm just hoping they allow cross platform connection this time. I know that's not very likely, but as long as the games are played on Sega's servers it should be doable with a little effort. Square already pulled it off...

Then again: I dunno if I want duping and stuff like that on the 360 version... I'm sure it'll pop up within a week or so on the ps2 and pc versions.

I'm a little disappointed that they aren't putting it on the GCN. If they're putting it on the PS2, there's no reason not to put it on the GC, considering the majority of their userbase already has a GC for PSO1-3.

I'm a little disappointed that they aren't putting it on the GCN. If they're putting it on the PS2, there's no reason not to put it on the GC, considering the majority of their userbase already has a GC for PSO1-3.

It has a smaller installed online community and the online portion is a major part of the game thaat requires more customers then PSO ep. 1&2, and PSO ep. III C.A.R.D Revolution for the GC.

To be honest there's not really a reason for them to leave the cube out other than the dev time to port it. And yeah it is kinda messed up. But I own pretty much every system it's coming out for so I don't really care. I suppose Sega is really just trying to position the game to where the money is at... And honestly as a business can you blame them?

Yes, the GC users were devoted and loved and played PSO 1-3 forever. But the fact is there are way more ps2 and pc users. As for the 360 either they were looking to grab the money from being one of the first RPGs on the system, or MS paid em off. Either way it doesn't really matter.

No offence to those of you who aren't retards, but XBox Live attracts stupid fucks like crazy.

No offense taken.

Remember "I WANT FUCKING CHOCOLATE MILK" kid who was on XB Live and bitching at his mom? Yeah, i encountered a similar situation and LAUGHED MY ASS OFF

although alot of the people i play NFSu2 with arent retards, so we talk about cars and talk smack, it's pretty kewl.

True enough I suppose. I still say that XBox has a higher concentration. Or, it could just be because of the voice chat. I hope to friggin' god that the PS2 and PC version are text only.

Yeah actually I think that's the problem. Same amount of people only Xbox Live gives them a voice and anonymity so the idiots tend to be louder than the normal people.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I musta played it for a week or so... But yeah, no good. They really ruined a lot of what made PSO fun, and to be honest most people have grown beyond the simplicity PSO offers in a Multiplayer RPG universe.

I was grown out of it when the original PSO came out... I already had Everquest and Ultima Online experience behind me, and the difference of playing in a giant, dynamic, persistant world in comparison to a limited, non-persistant, barely customizable envirnment... It got old instantly, after about an hour I knew the game sucked in comparison.

When you feel there is nothing worth striving for, an MMO becomes un-interesting, you need goals to build your character in dynamic ways with many chooseable options, to play the class / character the way you want to play it... not the way the game wants you to play it.

- Makes the end game an army of clones.

I know. I know.

I wonder if I can find a new copy of Blue Burst cheap. Now there's a game worth playing.

I quit playing that a long time ago. After the "beta" ended, the games were nothing but people wanting to trade weapons. Nobody ever wanted to play the fucking game.

Besides, I never got any good weapons anyway because I played a ranger, and the hunters in the front would grab all the rares.

Same issue happens in PSU because stupid ass holes turn item share off in 99% of the games. I quit that one too because I could play all day and actually lose money because I could never get any drops.