Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
FaultyClockwork

HELP ME STUDY MATH FOR MATH EXAM

I have a Geometry exam tomorrow... and I suck at Math!

The exam goes in class from tomorrow to Friday.

I need some help if anyone can. xD

Things I need help with:

Questions from a practice test~

Which equation represents a line that contains R(-5, 4) and S(7,2)?

A) 5y = 3x -19

B) y = 6x - 40

C) 6y = -x + 19

D) 5y = -4x

THAT IS IT BECAUSE I NEVER FINISHED THE PRACTICE EXAM

Any suggestions on how to study? xD Anyone know the basics of Geometry? XD

(X,Y)

R (-5,4)

So you take one of those equations.

5y = 3x -19

Then replace the y and x.

5(4)=3(-5)-19

20=-34

False!

Just keep doing this trial and error thing and see if both R and S will be the same!

(X,Y)

R (-5,4)

So you take one of those equations.

5y = 3x -19

Then replace the y and x.

5(4)=3(-5)-19

20=-34

False!

Just keep doing this trial and error thing and see if both R and S will be the same!

Ah yeah... S...

S (7,2)

5(2)=3(7)-19

10=2

So, we can conclude that A is not the answer.

I suppose Crube's way works. Assuming they let you use a graphing crakulator, you just graph all of em and trace whatever the X is.

is this a regents? If it is, most of the MC can be plugged into a crakulator

for studying, go through the practice test, find anything that you don't know how to plug into a crakulator, and ask the geeks how you can use a crakulator to do them. also recommended, ask programers for cheat programs, as well as fake wipe and mem storage programs. You can probably at least pass with just that. Anything else, I'd advise writing a program that displays any rules/formulas that you need that they don't provide you with. Honestly, if you don't know enough shit to finish the practie exam, you need to cram and cheat, because learning it all in one or two weeks isn't easy.

Speaking as someone who has goofed off in all of math several times and come around to finish the class in the last couple of weeks every time, most math is not *that* hard to learn in a couple weeks.

You just can't do anything else.

Speaking as someone who has goofed off in all of math several times and come around to finish the class in the last couple of weeks every time, most math is not *that* hard to learn in a couple weeks.

You just can't do anything else.

Cheat?

It is wrong and all, but i know a couple of people who are writing cheat programs.

Seriouslly, you should try to learn as much as you can, cramming is pretty effective in math, especially if you know what to expect, but i don't know how long the exam will be. If you only need to know 5-10 concepts and 10-20 theorems, then you can just cram, but any more and it gets really hard

Cheat?

It is wrong and all, but i know a couple of people who are writing cheat programs.

Seriouslly, you should try to learn as much as you can, cramming is pretty effective in math, especially if you know what to expect, but i don't know how long the exam will be. If you only need to know 5-10 concepts and 10-20 theorems, then you can just cram, but any more and it gets really hard

By "can't do anything else," I mean you can't, like, have a social life or anything like that.

By "can't do anything else," I mean you can't, like, have a social life or anything like that.

Oh. I thought you meant it as in "you don't have any other options."

iI'm guessing some of FC's other teacher's may want him to do some work for their classes, and the state may need him to do a bit of work. Not to mention that while you can study non-stop for maybe a day or so, doing it for a week is likely to hurt you more than to help.

One possibility, get a sheet with the really big important fomrulas and stuff, no more than one side of stuff, and just memorize it. If necessary, write it up at the start of the exam so you don't forget. One thing this doesn't work for is proofs. For those, just write up the big important theorums he always uses on his other tests.

Graphing calculators are the devil. Do you think that mathematicians back in the day had graphing calculators? HELL no. All they had was an abacus and a ruler. And they STILL came up with the stuff we know today.

Graphing calculators are the devil. Do you think that mathematicians back in the day had graphing calculators? HELL no. All they had was an abacus and a ruler. And they STILL came up with the stuff we know today.

Even then, abacus were the devil!