Accelerated Evolution

Lord Of The Rings

I just got into the mood to read these books again. I own all three and every single time I try to read them I just get bored. I love fantasy and obviously LOTR is an amazing trilogy, I think I need to just re read the books and pay more attention to the plot. I think it was a little over my head when I attempted to read it. I loved the hobbit so there shouldn't be any reason I shouldn't like LOTR. Any one else have trouble reading them? Or did you love them?

Discuss. :wacko:

Some of the long draw out scences in Fellow ship bothered me. Like when they went to the Elf city. That was REALLY long and drawn out. I'll actually try not to get bored and see if the book grabs me like it does many others.

The Council of Elrond is a long chapter.

The second books is really tough too get though the first time, at least it was for me. The second time I zipped though it. But that is arguablly the most important book that builds the story and leads into the forming and spilting of the fellowship and it affects the rest of the novels greatly.

Tolkein is long winded when he wants to make the scene perfect, I've found. Scenes that are more stright to the point are shorter and less detailed but those that are important are done with love. Reading the Balrog v. Gandalf scene in the novel is almost as vivid as watching the movie, and that is where the power of LOTRs comes into play.

Some of the long draw out scences in Fellow ship bothered me. Like when they went to the Elf city. That was REALLY long and drawn out. I'll actually try not to get bored and see if the book grabs me like it does many others.

That was where I stopped reading during my first attempt, which was back in 6th grade.