A-Kon: The Aftermath. (56Kon LOL)

Crube

Day One: As I stepped on the sidewalk of the Adam Mark's Hotel, I was greeted with a 45 dollar fee for the fucking City Shuttle Service! I did not want to complain and possibly get arrested, so I choked up the fee and made my way. Excel was supposed to be there at the lobby, but thirty minutes passed and I went onto the convention floor. One would think Pre Regestrations get lucky breaks, right? Motherfucker Christ Almighty! The line was pretty lengthy. I called up Britt and after five or so minutes of telling her where I was, she finally found me! One cute Gothic Maid thing she was in. If anyone remembers LoadedGunComplex, she was also with Brit too! She was dressed up as Elena from the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children movie. Of course, I was in my traditiona Iron Maiden shirt and camo cargo shorts and sandals. Top it off with Iron Maiden Killers cap. It was a rather weird start. I am used to leaving my stuff in the hotel room and then have fun, but since Excel wasn't there yet, I lugged my stuff around with me.

Yippie Ki Ya Motherfuckers! I got my badge and free bag of shit! Britt and I went over to the hotel lobby to see if Excel shown up, but no one was there that resembled Excel at all. I made several frustrated calls back home to see if anything happened. This of course, bored Britt, causing her to wonder off. I stuck around the hotel before making my way back onto the convention floors. Oh boy, my first one too and it had to be the biggest in Texas. It sort of reminded me of a flea shop, just with a central theme of anime and anything associated with it. As I got the message from Excel (Weird, I heard the voice message tone, but not the cell phone ring itself.) I called up and was told to meet at the lobby near the Pre Redge booth. 30 minutes later, Excel shown up. Excel cosplayed our favourite uke, Shuichi! Not bad actually. Very cute. Four out of Six A-E Members so far! Brain and Chupy shown up on Saturday. I kept my promise and bought Excel the very late birthday gift! That dog thing from Paranoia Agent!

I experienced my first Rave. A rave is where techno music is played, drugs used, and you dance like a moron and feel good about it. Like that, except there was no drugs here. But for me, dancing like a moron came natural. I think I stayed in for atleast two or three hours before me and Excel hit our rooms. During the night, Excel wanted me to sleep on the floor... afterall, we were fighting over the covers and well, I wasn't paying for the room. Damn! XD So, I got bored and wondered down to the Yaoi Fest! It was basically a screening of many yaoi that most have already watched, but with screeching fangirls (and fanboys). If a girl that threatened the couples well being (By being in love with either the uke or seme) they would heckle! If something hot happened or something close to it, it followed awws and oohhs. It was quite the experience, you know, watching yaoi with others.

Day Two: As I got back from Yaoifest (Which ended around 4:30 in the morning.) I went back to the room to realise I do not have the card key. So, I was left out in the hallway to sleep. Hours passed and Excels dad finally woke up. I heard the loud shower go off and I immediately knocked, two of Excels friends were with me at that point. I took a shower right away and literally jumped into my Sasuke cosplay. Seeing that jumping into it was hard, I resorted to the traditional way of pulling them on. No more Doctor Crube, now it is Doctor Sasuke Uchiha! As I sprinted down the hall (Hey, I am pretty agile for a chubby motherfucker), I got to wait at the elevator for fifteen plus minutes for a ride to get down (Hehehe... ) to the first floor. I swear, the Adam Marks Hotel has some of the shittiest elevators... EVER.

Day two is the longest of the three days I was there. The Dealer Room was filled with people willing to buy overpriced stuff items and I got bad news that Brits purse has been stolen. She found it from security, but one hundred dollars was missing. Bloodbath was the word I was thinking, but I don't want to be arrested for randomally killing people. Hey, I stick up for my friends. :crube: Brain and his wife shown up and the circle is complete! Seeing they were there on short notice, Brain did not cosplay Rock Lee. Maybe next year!

The line for PENICILIN something something was rather lengthy, so we wandered around more while waiting for the Rave again. But guess what! They had to pull out several encores out of their asses. Plus, the cosplay assholes (The competition ones) can't keep their time and the competition went overboard, cancelling the Rave. It was then when we were lounging on the main floor that a photographer about my age shows up and took me, Excel, and a three others out for a photo session! Many poses and such! Too bad I sort of left my headband and arm things for Sasuke back in the room. So, my excuse? Sasuke was battle torn? Who cares! The photographer tried her best to cover up the facts parts of the cosplay was missing, which was pretty good. I was also agile for a chubby motherfucker.

The main theme of the con was... Pirates Versus Ninjas! Me cosplaying Sasuke already buried my fate as a ninja. I tried to do a quick fix and become a Sasuke as a ninja, but it was short noticed! So, part of the photo session was me and several other ninjas kicking Pirate ass (Not really.) This was soon followed by a Ninjas and Pirates Plus One J-Pop Singer breakfast bonanza! And when I meant bonanza... I meant... $3.75 for a small thimble of orange juice! Dammit! I raised hell on it! If I was going to pay that much orange juice, it should have came in a fucking bucket!

Day Three: This day was basically like the hang over. Day One was the planning out, day two was the actually party, and day three was recovery and farewell. Nothing too excited happened as I made my last farewells to all my AE brothers and sisters. It was depressing in a way, but I had fun.

I have photos too! Just one on my cell phone right now. More to come!

Me and Excel kissing (This angle makes me look chubbier).

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
11-06-06_0535.jpg
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's because 90% of young Asians seem to have AzN in their screenname (especially if gunbound is anything to go by), as apparently race is that important to them. Hey, maybe some people should add "WyT" or "BlK" to their name according to race, wouldn't that be great fun for the whole internets?

I think I am going to makea screenname just to make fun of that fact.

dude we got jacked for the Penicillin concert.. the line for it wasn't in the right area..so Brit and her friend moved to the pther side..and Rita and I were like bah...we don't have the patience..and it was a bitch carrying that Lightsaber box around..squeeee..I got Anakins collectible blue light saber..and Crube we took picture of Brit and her friend since their hotel room was right next to ours..We had fun though and SET..............we saw Pyramid head dude.....Rita has a videotape of the show on her video camera

I lub my Anakin Skywalker lightsaber soo.. much..only thing I really didn't like at the show were some of the cosplayer...like there was a heavy set Sephiroth..ick....and saw a Felicia cosplayer.. she was hawt..because she was like halfway nekkid, when I saw PH though I was like holy shit take a pic for Set.. he would like that, and some of that shit was overpriced...like Rita wanted a Cthulu plushie but the lady wanted 35 dollars foir that thing

I lub my Anakin Skywalker lightsaber soo.. much..only thing I really didn't like at the show were some of the cosplayer...like there was a heavy set Sephiroth..ick....and saw a Felicia cosplayer.. she was hawt..because she was like halfway nekkid, when I saw PH though I was like holy shit take a pic for Set.. he would like that, and some of that shit was overpriced...like Rita wanted a Cthulu plushie but the lady wanted 35 dollars foir that thing

35 bucks... pshhh... I could probably find one for less.