My royal beef with dragon quest 8

Ikari Warrior

Oh my dear god what the FUCK is with death dance? That is the single most cheap piece of shit move in the entire fucking game. It affects the entire party and one enemy killed off 3 of my party members! What the fuck is wrong with the developers?? It's enough that they have enemies with high defense, and money is hard to come by, but an attack that kills off your entire party instantly? That's BULLSHIT! That game is lucky it's so good otherwise, or I would sell that shit, or use it for skeet. That fucking attack is the bane of my existence, and the only way to protect against it is to use a charm from the alchemy pot! I want to go out and personally SHOOT the fucker who came up with it! That is such unbelievable bullshit...and they always manage to kill angelo with it, too! My one guy who can save me hundreds in gold coins is the one guy who always goes down. Stupid fucking attack.

It's...death. :huh: The spell has been in almost every RPG known to man. Is it a bitch to deal with? Sure it is,

i'm playing Persona 2: IS's final dungeon right now, and just about every demon and nazi has a death move.

Just run into a weak monster and Zing (or KaZing) all your fallen allies. It'll save you more gold (and time) then resurrecting in town.

It's...death. :huh: The spell has been in almost every RPG known to man. Is it a bitch to deal with? Sure it is,

i'm playing Persona 2: IS's final dungeon right now, and just about every demon and nazi has a death move.

Just run into a weak monster and Zing (or KaZing) all your fallen allies. It'll save you more gold (and time) then resurrecting in town.

Yeah, I know death has been in every RPG since basically the dawn of RPGs, but I never ran into a situation that cast instant death on the entire party. My one person who can Zing (Angelo) keeps getting killed, so I can't Zing the party back, and I have to resurrect Angelo who in turn resurrects the other(s) that have fallen. I was uber pissed when I wrote that post. I'm fine now, but jeezus what a royal pain in the ass.

I'm just going to make that anti-death amulet I found the Alchemy recip for, and equip it to Angelo. That should work for the short term.

Yeah, don't play the SMT series...

those games have really annoying randoms...

physically immunes that have strong death spells in a super long dungeon that isn't magic friendly...

FUN!

No kidding. Beelzebub's Death Flies move has a 100% chance of killing your entire party. And even if you're immune to death, it still does lots of damage to everybody.

I'd also like to encourage everybody to not play the original Shin Megami Tensei. I swear, there is a random battle after almost every step.

Yeah, don't play the SMT series...

those games have really annoying randoms...

physically immunes that have strong death spells in a super long dungeon that isn't magic friendly...

FUN!

I found DDS's random battles fun, actually. And held my own in both DDS games, half way through Nocturne, and all of P2: Innocent Sin.

Not that they don't become annoying in Nocture or IS, but the storyline outweighs them.

As for DQ8, I still retain that Wave of Ice was the most cheap spell in the game, and every boss after

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Dhoulmagus
seemed to have it.

When you have your party fully buffed and Hero at full tension, just to have the boss cast it and whip everything clean was infuriating.