World of WarDiabloStarcraft.

LeadingMan

If they stay far, far away from the WoW formula for the MMO based on Starcraft I may be able to get excited about it. The Diablo one will probably suck, it will just be WoW but darker. Starcraft has a lot of potential if they don't make it retarded. If the Starcraft one is based on l33t gear like WoW then it will be horrible and not fit the universe in the slightest.

Make the Diable one the more "RPG" of them. It should be the darkest of the three and feature more complex combat, skill trees, and a better party/guild system. And the insane number of weapons.

We also need the item customization via Horadric Cube and Runes in the game.

It has the potential to be much, much better then WoW.

"UPDATE: This morning, Blizzard officially responded to last night's reports: "No, that rumor is not true in regard to Blizzard. We believe that the rumor circulating about this subject is based on a misinterpretation of information provided to industry analysts. We do not currently have any MMO development plans beyond the upcoming expansion for World of Warcraft, and furthermore, we don't have any intentions to focus on only one genre or platform with our future games.""

I think they might do it, despite not having any plans for it yet. How much money does WoW make them? Is there any reason not to try to make that much on other franchises? (remember, this is a large company, concepts such as "good gameplay" and "fits the storyline" are considered abstract concepts)

I hate what Blizzard has become so much.

They use to make games that, while rarely containing elements that were original, had rich story lines and characters and engaging gameplay. Now they've pulled a total 180, damning story lines and basically pumping out less then stellar RPGs and RTSs. Warcraft was amazing, Warcraft II was amazing, Diablo was amazing, and Starcraft was amazing, but every game I've played after that has been a disappointment.

Argh!

I also hate Starcraft fanboyism. It was a good game, nothing horribly original, but flawless execution and a solid storyline. But as far as mechanics go, several games since have far surpased Starcraft's namely Dawn of War and by many people's accounts C&C Generals. Again, great game for its time, but not the RTS to end all that so many make it out to be.

I hate what Blizzard has become so much.

They use to make games that, while rarely containing elements that were original, had rich story lines and characters and engaging gameplay. Now they've pulled a total 180, damning story lines and basically pumping out less then stellar RPGs and RTSs. Warcraft was amazing, Warcraft II was amazing, Diablo was amazing, and Starcraft was amazing, but every game I've played after that has been a disappointment.

Lost Vikings was amazing.

oh what, a slightly different bag system is the only real difference.

Um, no. Item creation was different, socketed stuff is different, the part mechanics are different, the shill trees aren't remotley similiar for any characters.... The games aren't that much alike at all.

socketed stuff is different, the part mechanics are different, the shill trees aren't remotley similiar for any characters....

I would argue that with the upcoming expansion both of these points are pretty much null. Socketed stuff in WoW will be very much the same. And while the skill trees have different items in them, they still work almost identically.