Julie Banderas Destroys a Bigot

darkon

Problems with this:

1. It's Fox News

2. Julie Banderas is hands down the worst professional journalist on corporately run news I've ever witnessed. At least the worst female one, because she's pretty darn close to Bill O'Reilly. I'm actually quite surprised so many people are like "Yeah Julie Banderas!" (counting the various YouTube posts). And I'm not saying she is poor in all aspects, she just is terrible at any sort of debating-based or point-driven linguistics. Did you witness the innumerable moments of interruption, even early on in conversation? Or particularly how easily This Julie Banderas lost her cool and resorted to savagery, in desperate attempts, I can only assume, to lower herself to Shirley Phelps-Roper's level. Attacking the person instead of the situation at hand or some such thing. Oh and the abrupt, "I don't wanna go on because I'm not getting my way, so I'm going to just end this interview, O'Reilly style" was another blow against her.

Sad as it is to say, because it really is, I'd say Shirley Phelps-Roper won this one (assuming it were some sort of victor-oriented conclusion)

Is this the one with the crazy Westboro Church lady? Because all those interviews with her pissed me off. Yes, sitting there and yelling at someone for being a bigot when they are BATSHIT CRAZY RELIGIOUS FANATICS is really going to achieve SO MUCH.

Everyone could use a few good lessons on adjusting one's perspective to understand others. This lady believes she is right. She believes it wholeheartedly. Yelling at her for "preaching hate" is utterly unproductive.

Is this the one with the crazy Westboro Church lady? Because all those interviews with her pissed me off. Yes, sitting there and yelling at someone for being a bigot when they are BATSHIT CRAZY RELIGIOUS FANATICS is really going to achieve SO MUCH.

Everyone could use a few good lessons on adjusting one's perspective to understand others. This lady believes she is right. She believes it wholeheartedly. Yelling at her for "preaching hate" is utterly unproductive.

It makes for good comedy.

This is very true. Yelling at people is just going to get them mad at you. And when people are mad they're more likely to deal in absolutes, such as "I am right."

Getting people mad doesn't help at all. At least in this case. I'm sure there's other cases where it would help a lot.

but that crazy lady's perspective sucks

Yes, her persepective does suck. Which is why we want to help her see that. Like ceraizefish just said, yelling at people is going to make them even more convinced that they are right.

I mean, the stupid things these people say to her - "How DARE you disrespect the dead like that?!" The answer to that is obvious. "How DARE you disrespect the will of the Lord thy God?"

I mean, what are these reporters trying to achieve? It seems to me all they're trying to do is brag about the fact that they don't approve of bigots and haters. Yeah, big whoop, neither do most of the rest of us, that doesn't get you any special points with me.

Trying to reason with someone who's clearly twisted, maniacal, and a religious fanatic is an effort in futility.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? She needs professional help, not someone yelling at her for the sake of showing how much they disapprove of bigots.

I think some people jus delve too much into the facts..and don't have a since of humor..thats jus me though, seriously..I think thats the major problem, if you don't like it ol well.

The problem is, the interview wasn't meant to be funny.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? She needs professional help, not someone yelling at her for the sake of showing how much they disapprove of bigots.

I'm not sure what the point is, nor do I really care.

The problem is, the interview wasn't meant to be funny.

Well that's what you get for taking Fox News seriously. :tongue:

Problems with this:

1. It's Fox News

2. Julie Banderas is hands down the worst professional journalist on corporately run news I've ever witnessed. At least the worst female one, because she's pretty darn close to Bill O'Reilly. I'm actually quite surprised so many people are like "Yeah Julie Banderas!" (counting the various YouTube posts). And I'm not saying she is poor in all aspects, she just is terrible at any sort of debating-based or point-driven linguistics. Did you witness the innumerable moments of interruption, even early on in conversation? Or particularly how easily This Julie Banderas lost her cool and resorted to savagery, in desperate attempts, I can only assume, to lower herself to Shirley Phelps-Roper's level. Attacking the person instead of the situation at hand or some such thing. Oh and the abrupt, "I don't wanna go on because I'm not getting my way, so I'm going to just end this interview, O'Reilly style" was another blow against her.

Sad as it is to say, because it really is, I'd say Shirley Phelps-Roper won this one (assuming it were some sort of victor-oriented conclusion)

Lesser of two evils, man.