Accelerated Evolution

DDR workout mode accurate?

Wind

Well, alright I bought a new red octane pad so I could state playing DDR again remember how I played all last summer.

I am curious to know how accurate DDR's workout mode could be?

So far i've burned 156 calories, by playing about 10 songs (around 15 minutes)

Physical activity of this such accuratley burns that many calories? sure im sweating alot and feel tired but it seems to fun to be true.

So anyway, how accurate is it?

I Completed every song in ultramix 1 and 3, except for about 3 or 4. Man i love that game.

I dont think the workout mode is accurate at all, I think ultra mix ones was way off. "healing vision" and "Tsugaru" on heavy, both having B's and i got pretty much the same reading, it was like 2 calories off. and as you might know, healing vision is way fucking harder than tsugaru.

It really depends on your weight.

If you're as light as a feather, it obviously doesn't take as much energy to lift your body as it would if you weighed as much as a whale, and so the featherweight doesn't burn nearly as many calories as the whale does.

It's a pretty good guess, but I wouldn't completely rely on the calories burned reading. Personally I just use it to compare how much I've done compared to other days... a 300kcal game is twice as tiring as a 150kcal one, no matter what weight you are.

It really depends on your weight.

If you're as light as a feather, it obviously doesn't take as much energy to lift your body as it would if you weighed as much as a whale, and so the featherweight doesn't burn nearly as many calories as the whale does.

It's a pretty good guess, but I wouldn't completely rely on the calories burned reading. Personally I just use it to compare how much I've done compared to other days... a 300kcal game is twice as tiring as a 150kcal one, no matter what weight you are.

you imput your weight into DDR, and it changes how many calories you burn per step. hehe

2 years ago I was 215 playing DDR, and now im 140 playing DDR so I remember how many cals each step burned basically haha