The Fountain

The official trailer for Darren Aronofsky's latest film, The Fountain!

Wow, those visuals look absolutely stunning and the premise intrigues me.

The Fountain is an odyssey about one man's thousand-year struggle to save the woman he loves. His epic journey begins in 16th century South America, where conquistador Tomas Verde (Hugh Jackman) commences his search for the Tree of Life, the legendary entity believed to grant eternal life to those who drink of its sap. As modern-day scientist Tom Verde, he desperately struggles to find a cure for the cancer that is killing his beloved wife Izzi (Rachel Weisz). Travelling through deep space as a 26th century astronaut, Tom begins to grasp the mysteries of life that have consumed him for more than a millennium.

Now I must buy the graphic novel.

Pi and Requim are among the worst movies I have ever seen. I'm not putting much stock into this one either.

Also it's really weird how Lost Oddessy and this movie are coming out in a relatively close time frame. I guess now is the perfect time for stories about people who live for 1000 years.

Explain yourself, please, because I only see this statement as pure fuel. You can't honestly say that they're among the worst movies you've ever seen, unless you've only really seen some really fucking good ones.

Well the statement wasn't intended as anything other than what it is.

I saw both Pi and Requiem for a dream and liked neither.

Pi was drab, filled with unlikable characters pursuing a mcguffin I couldn't care less about and in the end was entirely and completely pointless.

Requiem I feel essentially the exact same about. Only that time it was a bunch of addicts destroy themselves instead of a guy with a supercomputer made of wood and bugs.

In all honesty I think my root problem with his films is that I never liked any of the characters so when they fall I don't feel their pain. Add to that Aronofsky's crazy ADD style of jumping from camera to camera, and they're down there at the bottom of my list.