Summertime Blues.

Crube

Serious

06/16 Flag - Drama involving a female war photographer. Directed by Ryousuke Takahashi.

This is on pay-per-view only, so maybe we'll never see it.

"In 20xx, a civil war broke out in a small country in Asia is getting hard in spite of dispatch of UN forces. But a picture taken by accident in the battle field accelerates the peace process. It is a picture of a flag. Although they are enemies, they cooperate together to fly it in a sanctuary, and the flag becomes the symbol of the peace. However, just before the peace agreement is achieved, the flag is robbed by an armed extremist group in order to obstruct the truce. UN decides to send SDC (Special Development Command) and a cameraman to record their activities. The cameraman is Shirasu Saeko. She is the cameraman who took the picture of the flag. At first they think the mission is easy because they wear latest armed suits, HAVWC (High Agility Versatile Weapon Carrier), but they get in trouble by unexpected attacks."

07/02 Taiyou no Mukushiroku Special - Japan's Collapse - An earthquake physically splits Japan in two through Tokyo. The result? Drama! Also patriotism!

(This is a two-part special, with the second part on 7/27)

07/02 Kemonozume Sakaba - A man and a women fall in love. The man is secretly a monster hunter. The woman is secretly a monster!

"Absurd and stylish action which a huge monster riots and is unfolded the surroundings, making full use of a sword, a gun, robot arms, etc. is also a highlight. The appearance of the stimulative entertainment which is not until now!"

07/02 Chevalier d'Eon Special - See below.

07/02 Project BLUE Earth SOS - Based on the art of a famous guy named Shigeru Komatsuzaki (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=54347). CG aliens invade and people fight them excitingly. Features lots of CG models of airplanes on the website.

(Wasn't Penny Carter the girl in Inspector Gadget? Anyway, it's not as bad as this name: http://www.projectblue.jp/character/03.php)

07/03 Coyote Ragtime Show - ufotable heads for the American market with a show named suspiciously like that other one that began with C and had a music genre in its name. Will it have the same animation quality as Futalt, without the other stuff?

(Trailer: http://www.ufotable.net/coyote/pv/COYOTE_PV_vol002.wmv. Also, the website navigation's all in English)

07/05 Governmental Crime Investigation Agent Zaizen Joutarou - This guy named Zaizen Joutarou investigates governmental corruption, apparently with a gun.

"With extralegal authority and original mobility, Zaizen rouses the iron hammer of justice in the sanctuary which can break in neither the police nor criminal investigation!!"

07/09 Welcome to NHK! - The hikikomori action epic for the modern age!

(Animation: Studio GONZO, director: the Keroro Gunsou guy, OP/ED: ROUND TABLE and Kenji Otsuki, fansubs: possibly Triad, failing that S.ADTRW)

07/26 Innocent Venus - In the future, global warming and a lot of hurricanes will destroy the world and cause totalitarians to take over Japan. The main characters escape from the Special Forces and a bunch of robot fights result, I think.

07/29 Night Head Genesis - "Night Head Genesis is based on a Japanese tv show that aired in '92. It's about two psychic brothers who escape from a science facility that had them locked up 15 years for having strong psychic abilities."

(Night Head is the other 90% of the brain you don't use)

08/19 Le Chevalier d'Eon - ANN article

Moé

06/29 Binbou Shimai Monogatari http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/binboushimai/ - Plotless heartwarming "story of poor girls". Art is a ripoff of Kamichu, so maybe some brilliance will leak out? Kotonoha is doing the manga.

07/01 Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z

07/01 Fairy Musketeers Akazukin - A little kid goes to an alternate world and has fairy tale adventures about shooting things.

07/01 Tsuyokiss - Dating game adaption with the surprise twist that all the girls are tsundere*. Apparently this is exciting to the sort of people who get excited about these things, so if you're one of them look out for it.

07/02 Zero no Tsukaima - A witch summons the ordinary-student main character as her familiar. No further plot up yet.

07/08 Tonagra! - romantic comedy harem et cetera

07/11 Chokotto Sister - One of those romantic comedy things again, but I thought the manga was actually good.

07/21 UFO Princess Walküre - You'd think they'd stop making these.

(Pay-per-view showing of the OVA)

Uncategorised

06/17 Dai Mahou Touge 3&4 - This was that comedy OVA about being attacked by vegetables or something wasn't it

06/29 Honey & Clover II

07/01 Gakuen Heaven - Haha.

07/01 Mamotte! Lollipop - Can't find a plot description (or even a website), but it's extremely shoujo.

07/03 Wa*Wa*Wappichan - Kids' show.

07/03 Bokura ga Ita (We Were There) - There is a picture of a surf bum on the website and not much else.

07/04 Muteki Kanbanmusume/Noodle Fighter Miki

07/08 Koi suru Tenshi Angelique ~Kokoro no mezameru Toki~ - young girl saves the universe accompanied by long-haired beautiful men holding flowers et cetera

08/01 Pocoyo - Another kids' show

08/?? Gag Manga Biyori 2

Movies

06/17 Death Note - Live-action movie

07/01 Deep Imagination Souzousuru Idenshitachi - I don't understand Studio 4C's website. Sorry.

07/10 http://www.cwfilms.jp/hoshizora/ Hoshizora KISEKI - Nobody translated their last artsy film, so no hope for this one. It's about space, though.

07/29 Studio Ghibli - Tales from Earthsea

Also, the Gunbuster movie and Makoto Shinkai's new film might come out this summer, but probably won't until autumn.

OVAs

08/25 Aim for the Top! 2 Diebuster 6 - More fighting. Possibly an ending, but possibly a GAINAX ending.

07/14 Mobile Suit Gundam SEED CE 73 - Stargazer

Serious

07/02 Kemonozume Sakaba - A man and a women fall in love. The man is secretly a monster hunter. The woman is secretly a monster!

"Absurd and stylish action which a huge monster riots and is unfolded the surroundings, making full use of a sword, a gun, robot arms, etc. is also a highlight. The appearance of the stimulative entertainment which is not until now!"

-Aparently directed by the same person that did Mind Game, so of course this is a must watch for me

07/02 Project BLUE Earth SOS - Based on the art of a famous guy named Shigeru Komatsuzaki (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=54347). CG aliens invade and people fight them excitingly. Features lots of CG models of airplanes on the website.

-Being called "The next Macross" by some people, so I'll definitly check it out

07/03 Coyote Ragtime Show - ufotable heads for the American market with a show named suspiciously like that other one that began with C and had a music genre in its name. Will it have the same animation quality as Futalt, without the other stuff?

(Trailer: http://www.ufotable.net/coyote/pv/COYOTE_PV_vol002.wmv. Also, the website navigation's all in English)

-lol Cowboy Bebop redux. pass~

07/05 Governmental Crime Investigation Agent Zaizen Joutarou - This guy named Zaizen Joutarou investigates governmental corruption, apparently with a gun.

"With extralegal authority and original mobility, Zaizen rouses the iron hammer of justice in the sanctuary which can break in neither the police nor criminal investigation!!"

-Death Wish: The Anime? perhaps~

07/09 Welcome to NHK! - The hikikomori action epic for the modern age!

(Animation: Studio GONZO, director: the Keroro Gunsou guy, OP/ED: ROUND TABLE and Kenji Otsuki, fansubs: possibly Triad, failing that S.ADTRW)

-The manga is made of pure win, so of course I'll be watching the anime

07/26 Innocent Venus - In the future, global warming and a lot of hurricanes will destroy the world and cause totalitarians to take over Japan. The main characters escape from the Special Forces and a bunch of robot fights result, I think.

-gaint robots = instant penis enlargement. Must at least watch firs ep

07/29 Night Head Genesis - "Night Head Genesis is based on a Japanese tv show that aired in '92. It's about two psychic brothers who escape from a science facility that had them locked up 15 years for having strong psychic abilities."

(Night Head is the other 90% of the brain you don't use)

-Reminds me of Akira. And the Cronenberg movie "Scanners" :mellow:

Moé

07/01 Fairy Musketeers Akazukin - A little kid goes to an alternate world and has fairy tale adventures about shooting things.

-best description ever

07/01 Tsuyokiss - Dating game adaption with the surprise twist that all the girls are tsundere*. Apparently this is exciting to the sort of people who get excited about these things, so if you're one of them look out for it.

-I like tsundere-type girls and all, but a show where thier all like that is a little over kill. That character types works best only when the rest of the cast if pretty much the oppisite

07/08 Tonagra! - romantic comedy harem et cetera

-The manga was shit, so I assume the anime will be about the same

07/11 Chokotto Sister - One of those romantic comedy things again, but I thought the manga was actually good.

-the art for the show is crappy, but hopefulyl they'll be able to carry over some of the charm of the manga. Hopefully

07/21 UFO Princess Walküre - You'd think they'd stop making these.

(Pay-per-view showing of the OVA)

-They should just give Sanada her own series already :happy:

Uncategorised

06/17 Dai Mahou Touge 3&4 - This was that comedy OVA about being attacked by vegetables or something wasn't it

-Kiiru dem alllllll~

06/29 Honey & Clover II

-The best show of '05 gets a second season. A must watch for me.

07/03 Bokura ga Ita (We Were There) - There is a picture of a surf bum on the website and not much else.

-looks cute

07/04 Muteki Kanbanmusume/Noodle Fighter Miki

-A succesor to Yakitate Japan, only with more cute girls? Awesome~

07/08 Koi suru Tenshi Angelique ~Kokoro no mezameru Toki~ - young girl saves the universe accompanied by long-haired beautiful men holding flowers et cetera

-...you know, if they keep rehashing Mysterious Play over and over again, someone is bound to notice at some point. I think.

08/?? Gag Manga Biyori 2

-Holy shit thier making this into a TV show? :wacko:

Movies

07/01 Deep Imagination Souzousuru Idenshitachi - I don't understand Studio 4C's website. Sorry.

-Studio 4C = instant win. NO MATTER WUT

Also, the Gunbuster movie and Makoto Shinkai's new film might come out this summer, but probably won't until autumn.

-A Gunbuster movie!?!?!??!?!??! :ohmy:

OVAs

08/25 Aim for the Top! 2 Diebuster 6 - More fighting. Possibly an ending, but possibly a GAINAX ending.

-I bet Nono is building a giant version of herself to battle the gravity vacuum thing~

• 2 weeks later...