TENNIS

darkon

I doubt anyone here follows tennis as much as I do, but I'm a huge fan. I'm not just one those summer fans either who watch Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. I watch many tournaments and am familiar with many, many players. Going on right now is the greatest tennis tournament of them all, Wimbledon.

My prediction for the men's draw is for Roger Federer to win. I expect Max Mirnyi (Who is on the brink of beating James Blake right now) and Andy Murray (who will beat Andy Roddick) to be the two big "surprises" of the tournament. I'm not sure who Federer will beat in the final however, could be anybody really. He'll win, they'll lose.

The women's draw is much more exciting with no clear-cut favorite. Mauresmo and the Belgians have to be the favorites. Kuznetsova, Hingis, Sharapova, Dementieva, and Venus Williams could also win it. I'm not sure on a winner, but I want Hingis to win. So I'll be rooting for her.

Dorkon, you're getting cooler and cooler by the day. :biggrin:

Yeah Federer's probably going to win. He's getting the biggest chance to win the majors in a long time. But I'm rooting for Roddick. :]

I want Hingis to win too. Before her retirement, I use to think she was a brat - but she's a lot better now and more mature.

What can I say? I'm super cool!

I agree about Hingis, she was a brat before. But she's grown up a lot, unlike the Williams sisters. I'm not a fan of Roddick, nothing against him, just that the American media treats him as the second coming of Sampras. When he's obviously not.

I was fucking waiting for this thread.

I fucking knew this would be Murray's year. After last year he played fuckign awesome. And this year he is bloody unbeatable.

He almost went though 3 games without losing a bloody set. Not to mention he fuckign kicked Roddick's ass.

It's times like this I'm fucking proud to be a scot.

I don't think Murray makes it to the Semis though. He has Hewitt in the Quarters. But I think he does beat Baghdatis.

I'm wondering when Nadal will fall. And if Federer loses it will be to Berdych or Ancic. I have a feeling Ancic could win this year actually. I've been a big supporter of him for awhile, so a Grand Slam victory would please me alot.

Rooney is truly on form I could easily see him winning this. Comparing his style of play with Agssi is great though. They're like opposites. Murray keeps rallying going with little pressure and looks for those slight gaps and makes the most of an oppotunity or an god damn awesome return. Aggassi goes for a point on every bloody shot. He takes risky close to the line shots at angles constantly. Fucking great.

Rooney is truly on form I could easily see him winning this. Comparing his style of play with Agssi is great though. They're like opposites. Murray keeps rallying going with little pressure and looks for those slight gaps and makes the most of an oppotunity or an god damn awesome return. Aggassi goes for a point on every bloody shot. He takes risky close to the line shots at angles constantly. Fucking great.

Really now?

Are they comparing Murray to Agassi? In the U.S. comparing anyone to Agassi is blasphemy, so I don't hear it.