Accelerated Evolution

Prey out Soon!

Oerlikon

prey is an awesome FPS. basically u are Danny an indian who had his whole bar, girlfriend and jsut about everything sucked up into an alien spacecraft.

that is the uber short summery. But the demo is kick freakin ass!

The "portals" are killer! Should be excellent for multi-play....

yea man. the portals are sweet. i killed myself just shooting myself through a protal in the demo where i could see myself. not that i meant to i was just wondering if it would hurt me

Many reviews are pegging it as very mediocre, saying it lacks any difficulty or suspense, the whole game is linear making the portals just gimmicky doors, short, and all of Tommy's arsenal feels generic.

I'll probably wait untill it reaches the $20-$30 mark before picking it up, as it seems like a fun romp for a weekend at least.

It's an ok game, but not as spectacular as I had hoped. The enemies aren't very challenging, and your arsenal is kinda weak. The Doom 3 engine looks good in this game, but it's so dark they had to add a lighter to your equipment just so you could find your way around! If the price drops to $30, then y'all might consider getting it...

Many reviews are pegging it as very mediocre, saying it lacks any difficulty or suspense, the whole game is linear making the portals just gimmicky doors, short, and all of Tommy's arsenal feels generic.

I'll probably wait untill it reaches the $20-$30 mark before picking it up, as it seems like a fun romp for a weekend at least.

I bought it, and I've been playing it. I can't argue with anything you said there. It is rediculously easy, in fact, you can not die. Ever. If you lose all your health you just play a shooting gallery mini game and you come right back where you left off everytime.

But the story is kinda cool, and Tommy is a really cool character. Its different having a FPS character who actually talks. His dialog is pretty funny sometimes. I'd give the game a 7/10 personally, its not bad.

Is dying in that game akin to dying in Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? Where you can "die" and then have to find a portal to get back to where you were?

No. Once you die you are teleported into a big rock where you can shoot down blue and red wyverns to gain HP and MP while your body floats back to the real world. You're then placed right back to the spot you died.