Shaving

darkon

And no, I'm not talking about the face. I've got way too much body hair, and I'm planning on shaving knees to elbows to make clothes comfortable. But I have some questions. Well, advice is mainly needed. Best shaving cream, best kind of razor, what to do about having a shitload of hair and not having it screw up the blades, and finally, how not to cut yourself.

I know SOMEONE here has to do it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well young man. There are certain areas that you might want to think twice about before shaving. If you plan to do anything of the sort "down there", go get some hair clippers & trim it instead. You can do a zero, just don't put a razor blade near "them". Hahahaha! Just remember that you will sweat more easier. Do this to the belly bottun area & other areas that are close to there.

On another note, don't ever shave your ass crack out.

http://www.shadow2k.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=396

^ Read here. You'll see why. ( ^o^)

And no, I'm not talking about the face. I've got way too much body hair, and I'm planning on shaving knees to elbows to make clothes comfortable. But I have some questions. Well, advice is mainly needed. Best shaving cream, best kind of razor, what to do about having a shitload of hair and not having it screw up the blades, and finally, how not to cut yourself.

I know SOMEONE here has to do it.

Well....cutting the hair with a razor that you use for hair would be helpful. :x You know...the buzz razors or something like that. Then use a woman's razor. <3 Works wonders. xD And I don't use shaving cream. :O I use body wash. It works. *nod nod* And not only do you shave away the hair, you clean your body at the same time! :D WIN!

Later on, trying to deal as best I could, wiping my ass at every opportunity, I discovered another wonderful use for ass-hair - ventilation. I attempted to launch a fart, only to have it get stuck between my asscheeks. Apparently, with no hair, the two pink twins can get vacuum sealed together, and the result was a frustrating fart that slid up and down between my cheeks like a lost gerbil.

bwhahahaa

Waxing doesn't irritate the skin nearly as much as trying to chop away at elbow/leg hair with a razor.

Nair supposedly doesn't work very well at all on thicker/coarse hair.

Plus nair is horrible. Chemicals that make your hair fall out? Yeah, that sounds safe. I used it once when I was a teen, and got horrible chemical burns, and to this day the skin on my calves and shins are more sensitive than they were before I used it.

Waxing is a possibility, but it depends on whether your skin can take the stuff they use in the wax.

As for shaving, I would suggest soaking your legs in water to soften the hair, then rubbing them down with a little oil to protect the skin, especially on the knees and ankles and other sensitive, thin skinned areas - make sure to rub the oil in well. And then use something gentle like dove soap to make a lather with (I don't advise shaving cream) and shave, very slowly and carefully. Always pull the razor UP your leg, against the direction of the hair growth, and be careful not to pull the razor diagonally - it WILL cut you if you do that. The best razors to use are the ones with refillable, movable heads, but they're getting more and more expensive lately since everyone has to have OMG 98347933312 RAZOR BLADES AND 90480293 MOISTURE STRIPS AND FLEXIBILITY AND WOO HOO VIBRATION ACTION, fucking retards. So if your skin isn't super-sensitive or you don't have a lot of money to spare, just get nice looking disposable ones. As for not ruining the razor - you're going to ruin that razor the first time you shave, there's no way around that. But after that, if you shave regularly, you'll be able to get several uses out of the razor before you have to change it.

Remember that the soaking your legs part is the most important part. Simply showering before you shave is sufficent enough to do this, but you NEED to soften your hair before you shave, or you'll end up with razor burn.

I used it once when I was a teen, and got horrible chemical burns, and to this day the skin on my calves and shins are more sensitive than they were before I used it.

zwnt

Did you buy it when it first came out? :ohmy:

I'm afraid to know the answer to that one.

Fine :<

zwnt

Did you buy it when it first came out? :ohmy:

What? How could I have possibly bought it when it first came out? Do you have any idea how old Nair is? :blink: It's been around a LONG time. Longer than me, that's for sure.

Fine :<

Well, I'm sure if a person actually washed themselves properly, they wouldn't have that disgusting ****/sweat problem mentioned........

Gee, I already do trim down there regularly. Is there a guy that doesn't?

I'm assuming it'll take more than one razor to clean everything up the first time, so I'll go and invest in something. I don't plan to shave my pits actually, trim them I already do, but no point shaving those.

Fun fact: the guys from Trivium claim to shave the armpits because "There's less friction so they can pick faster...

That's funny too because armpit hair actually reduces friction. It acts as lubrication. Skin on hair has much less friction than skin on skin does. So if they actually do that then they're only inhibiting themselves.(I had a high school biology teacher who would go on about armpit hair pretty often...)

Gee, I already do trim down there regularly. Is there a guy that doesn't?

I'm assuming it'll take more than one razor to clean everything up the first time, so I'll go and invest in something. I don't plan to shave my pits actually, trim them I already do, but no point shaving those.

Trimming and shaving are different - trimming will not cause you stubble pain. xD

Wait what the fuck?

It's weird NOT to trim your pubes?

Fuck... Unless if it's an American thing.

I assume you're talking about men. In which case, no, it is not weird not to trim the pubes. It is also not weird TO trim the pubes. Lots of guys do, lots of guys don't.

If you're going down the shaving route, go with a four blade razor - Shick for Men works really well. Like someone already mentioned, the ones that vibrate are pretty much useless. Shaving cream is also pretty useless but use an exfoliating body wash so it'll clean away the dry skin and pores as you shave.

But although it's expensive and can be painful, waxing is the best alternative to shaving. It's less time consuming and probably a little less expensive than the constant buying of razors.