Accelerated Evolution

Talladega Nights

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is about to be unleashed upon us and I could not help but notice... that I have absolutely no desire to see this film at all. I've seen the trailers on television and it just seems like Will Ferrell's become the new Chevy Chase and Eddie Murphy. He's playing the same obnoxious and moronic character he played in Anchorman only with a different job and a lousy accent. Shouting and screaming random lines of dialogue just isn't funny anymore, at least not coming from Will Ferrell.

So, am I alone or is Will Ferrell just not funny anymore?

I think he can still be funny, but he does the same act over and over again. Much like what happened to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey, and would've happened to Chris Farley had he not died. Carrey is the only one who was able to evolve from his crazy character into a quality actor.

So if this is your first Farrell movie you'll love it, if not you'll probably say "that was funny, but I've seen it before."

I think he can still be funny, but he does the same act over and over again. Much like what happened to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey, and would've happened to Chris Farley had he not died.

Three quotes from this movie already today, what a relevent film!

"If you stay in Larissa, you will find peace. You will find a wonderful woman, and you will have sons and daughters, who will have children. And they'll all love you and remember your name. But when your children are dead, and their children after them, your name will be forgotten... If you go to Troy, glory will be yours. They will write stories about your victories in thousands of years! And the world will remember your name. But if you go to Troy, you will never come back... for your glory walks hand-in-hand with your doom. And I shall never see you again." - Thetis (Troy)

I guess the moral of the story is that all legends die young.