Accelerated Evolution

The Doom Patrol

Doom Patrol to hit the big screen.

Doompatrol7vk.jpg

Pictured from left to right: Vox, Beast Boy, Bumblebee, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl, The Chief, and Robotman.

Not Pictured: Mento

I love the Doom Patrol and I can't wait to see this movie. Hopefully it'll increase their popularity enough to convince DC to give them a new series, preferably with Grant Morrison at the helm. The article was mistaken though, the Doom Patrol was actually created before the X-Men.

I will go see this.. I definitely will..DC has been on a good streak..and please have Negative Man in it.. his effects would be sweet.

But FUCK!!..

Akiva Goldsman..as producer...<sigh>

Next thing we know Schumacher will be back on it and Elton John will be playing Beast Boy.

Besides the fact that they're both teams, I see no resemblance between Doom Patrol and X-men. I think I remember them doing a 'doom patrol' episode on Teen Titans. I'm sure alot of people watching it were like, "Who the fuck are these guys?"

Both teams are created by brilliant men bound to wheelchairs and both teams are labeled as freaks.

At that point I could say they're different because one has hair and the other doesn't. Either way, it's still not a good correlation. If somebody ever said that to me in seriousness, I would hit them so fucking hard.

Well I prefer the Doom Patrol over the X-Men, since they're a tight group that's remained character driven despite being victims of extensive retcons over the past few years.

Besides the fact that they're both teams, I see no resemblance between Doom Patrol and X-men. I think I remember them doing a 'doom patrol' episode on Teen Titans. I'm sure alot of people watching it were like, "Who the fuck are these guys?"

yeah, me neither

i haven't read any DOOM Patrol since the Grant Morrison stuff, and i'd rather have that team of misfits than this one with Beast Boy. meh, as long as they get Robotman's smarminess in full force it could be fun

In what way?

That they're a team of people with superpowers. And the Fantastic Four are rip-offs of Superman, since he was the first guy with superpowers. And Superman's a rip-off of Greek mythology since people had superpowers in that.

This is why I hate "this ripped-off that" conversations.

That they're a team of people with superpowers. And the Fantastic Four are rip-offs of Superman, since he was the first guy with superpowers. And Superman's a rip-off of Greek mythology since people had superpowers in that.

Well if you wanna be silly about it then all superhero teams are rip-offs of the Justice Society of America, the first superhero team. :tongue:

i showed my old roommate some instro post-rock, (caspian and gregor samsa, i think) and he told me, "if you like these guys, you should check out some Bob Dylan. these bands are like directly influenced by him"

I think it would rock if out of nowhere, towards the end of the movie, Superboy-Prime shows up and starts killing people left and right for no reason. And then Superboy-Prime says, "Doom Patrol? More like Dead Waypoint!"

Either way, DC has been on a streak...

Except for Superman Returns. *shakes head sadly* Oh the lost potential!

At that point I could say they're different because one has hair and the other doesn't. Either way, it's still not a good correlation. If somebody ever said that to me in seriousness, I would hit them so fucking hard.

Concur!

Well I prefer the Doom Patrol over the X-Men, since they're a tight group that's remained character driven despite being victims of extensive retcons over the past few years.

Well, that and Doom Patrol is DC.

The only thing they have in common is a producer.

everything the guy touches turns to shit man..seriously..I mean Schumacher directed "The Lost Boys" and that wasn't a shitty movie..he's just doing what the producer tells him to do..and it turned out horribly.

everything the guy touches turns to shit man..seriously..I mean Schumacher directed "The Lost Boys" and that wasn't a shitty movie..he's just doing what the producer tells him to do..and it turned out horribly.

I don't think Akiva had anything to do with Batman & Robin being horrible, I'm pretty sure that was all Schumacher. Akiva's also produced Cinderella Man and A Beautiful Mind by the way. You shouldn't judge a film based on the producer, if you did that then you shouldn't have any faith in any of Marvel's movies since Avi Arad produces most of them and Fantastic Four was horrible, hence everything he touches turns to shit according to your logic.

I don't think Akiva had anything to do with Batman & Robin being horrible, I'm pretty sure that was all Schumacher. Akiva's also produced Cinderella Man and A Beautiful Mind by the way. You shouldn't judge a film based on the producer, if you did that then you shouldn't have any faith in any of Marvel's movies since Avi Arad produces most of them and Fantastic Four was horrible, hence everything he touches turns to shit according to your logic.

well see that a basic opinion from both of us..and I thought FF was ok not the best..and Cinderella Man.. haha the title alone kept me away from that movie.

well see that a basic opinion from both of us..and I thought FF was ok not the best..and Cinderella Man.. haha the title alone kept me away from that movie.

What?

You're judging Doom Patrol based on it's producer, because he produced two horrible comic book movies, which is ridiculous. Form an opinion when a director is chosen, then your opinion won't be so ridiculous and paranoid.

BTW, Cinderella Man was a critically acclaimed film, despite being a commercial flop.