Accelerated Evolution

The Dark Knight

The_Man_Who_Laughs.gif

Conrad Veidt from The Man Who Laughs (1927), which inspired the creation of the Joker.

The Article.

This has me very, very excited. I'm one of the few people that believes Jack Nicholson's Joker isn't classic and was merely Nicholson emulating Ceser Romero's style of "letting lose with it." I think the defining performance of the Joker comes from Mark Hammil in the animated series, he was the perfect fusion of the looney Joker and the homicidal Joker, and didn't force his own sense of humor or style onto the character. I'm also excited because for the first time we'll be seeing a faithful adaptation of the Joker's "origin" on film. He had a couple of supposed origins in the comic, but most fans favor Alan Moore's origin story over the others, as do I.

It sounds like the rumors suggesting the Joker and Two-Face's stories would be intertwined may be true as well.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't argue..I like Two-Face and as long as it has a good story its ok by me...but please for the love of god don't have like 3 or 4 villians in a movie again.

Batman Begins handled having two (three if you count Victor Zsasz's cameo) villains extremely well, I have full faith in Nolan's ability to balance the stories of Two-Face and the Joker.

I'd expect a heavy focus on the Joker with Two-Face really being held over for the third, or perhaps even fourth movie.

According to the rumors the second movie focuses on Harvey Dent and the Joker, and the third film will have Harvey Dent become Two-Face during Joker's trial.

Batman Begins handled having two (three if you count Victor Zsasz's cameo) villains extremely well, I have full faith in Nolan's ability to balance the stories of Two-Face and the Joker.

yeah I would like the little twist of Two-Faces origin in there also..and yeah i forgot about Mr. Zsasz in the movie.. dammit how could I forget, honestly my favorite character in the movie next to Bale was Gordon, I like his progression through the movie Gary Oldman did an awesome fucking job playing him.

According to the rumors the second movie focuses on Harvey Dent and the Joker, and the third film will have Harvey Dent become Two-Face during Joker's trial.

I like that..because honestly the Joker needs his own movie for his demented type of humor.

yeah I would like the little twist of Two-Faces origin in there also..and yeah i forgot about Mr. Zsasz in the movie.. dammit how could I forget, honestly my favorite character in the movie next to Bale was Gordon, I like his progression through the movie Gary Oldman did an awesome fucking job playing him.

I'm fully convinced Gary Oldman could play an ironing board and make it Oscar worthy.

I like that..because honestly the Joker needs his own movie for his demented type of humor.

The IGN article brings up a good point. Heath Ledger would be an interesting choice for the Joker because he's never played that kind of role before and his performance is unimaginable. Where as actors like Robin Williams and Sam Rockwell are sort of predictable in that kind of role.

That would be neat, except kind of missleading for some people I think. I think the third sequel will be a film adaptation of the Long Halloween.

Possible. There are many routes they could go with this series. Thank god Nolan's in charge, I'm confident he won't screw it up at all.