Accelerated Evolution

Maddox update!

James_xeno

Some people have a sense of humor and aren't easily offended. Those are the kinds of people that like Maddox.

And Alphabet of Manliness is awesome.

Not necessarily. Nothing offends me and I don't find Maddox hilarious. He's good for a laugh or two, and the self-righteous gimmick is funny too. But he's not hilarious on a level with, say, George Carlin.

Why do people like this asshole?

I enjoy Maddox for the the articles and his sence of humor. His articles may be self-righteous, but what person with a political ax to gind, like Bill O' Rilley, and Greg Beck doesn't bitch, and isn't self-righteous about it. He does the self-righteous bit, but as a joke, and then people send him humorious hate mail. The Hate mail is the about the best part of that site. He also doesn't have a single ad on his site, which I like.

I don't find his annoyingly self-righteous and obnoxious ramblings that funny.

That's the point.. He's not being serious. When he says he's the smartest man in the world and that all should bow to him hes bassicly making fun of people that believe him. Then he posts there hate mail so the rest of the world can laugh at them.

Not necessarily. Nothing offends me and I don't find Maddox hilarious. He's good for a laugh or two, and the self-righteous gimmick is funny too. But he's not hilarious on a level with, say, George Carlin.

I never found George Carlin to be all that hilarious... :closedeyes:

I've been reading Maddox for about 4 years now. Maddox is my Hero. I'm probably going to buy Alphabet of Manliness.

I've been reading Maddox the same. 4 or more years, he's gettin really old now. The thing is, he knows people think he's awesome so he feels like he HAS to act a certain way. It isn't him genuineley being an ass hole any more :(

That's the point.. He's not being serious. When he says he's the smartest man in the world and that all should bow to him hes bassicly making fun of people that believe him. Then he posts there hate mail so the rest of the world can laugh at them.

I understand that, but it's still not funny.

I jus think that people will bitch about something no matter what..but yet when you criticize something that they like...they wanna argue with you left and right why there choice is the better one and its never wrong.

HOLY FUCK

Thats an opinion..and OMG I have a brain to think and not pay attention to others thoughts.

I suppose if he were a little more tongue-in-cheek and somewhat self-disparaging I'd find him funny. That's what keeps Stephen Colbert from sounding like a real self-righteous conservative asshole. I don't know, whatever it is, Maddox just comes across more annoying than funny.

I suppose if he were a little more tongue-in-cheek and somewhat self-disparaging I'd find him funny. That's what keeps Stephen Colbert from sounding like a real self-righteous conservative asshole. I don't know, whatever it is, Maddox just comes across more annoying than funny.

Just like some people don't think that Colbert's political humor is funny and its just different strokes for different folks..jus like I'm not a fan of Foxworthy..and/or the redneck humor..but some people adore it.

Just like some people don't think that Colbert's political humor is funny and its just different strokes for different folks..jus like I'm not a fan of Foxworthy..and/or the redneck humor..but some people adore it.

I'm aware, I'm not criticizing anyone for liking Maddox.