New Board Skin?

eleet

New Board Skin?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. New Board Skin?

• Yes, a light colored one!
    • Yes, a dark colored one!
    • No, this one is perfect!

We've been running the "Darkness" skin on AE for quite a while now, and I've heard throughout the community that it's getting old and we need a new theme. Additionally, just the fact that AE is going on 2 years old (2 years this August 24th) it may be time for a new look.

If you're for a new skin, please say something below.

Additionally, if you are capable of making Invision Power Board 2.1.x themes, PLEASE PM ME!

-Elite

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally whenever we mention the words "new theme" they're greeted by the words "ligher lighter".

If we do move over to a new theme, whether it be a light color based one, or dark colors, you can be assured that Wind and I have put a good deal of time into picking something that we feel the community would like.

We SURE AS HELL aren't going for some uber bright neon green on red theme or anything like that. We usually tend to pick something subtle and calm whether it be light or dark themed.

Additionally, if for some reason we install what we *think* is a good theme, and the everybody hates it, we won't keep it. We'd never do something like that...

I don't like the option of being able to choose differnt skins. I hate to sound like a commie, but were are supposed to be a community after all.

I agree, sort of. I don't think anyone HATES the current scheme, and I trust Wind and Elite to choose something cool. And if they betray my trust than the community will choose something cool.

I don't know... Board themes are sort of... ineffable. I hadn't thought about it until Mag-X brought it up, and I don't know why but I agree with him.

You should have multiple skins =/

Speaking from personal experience it's a bitch to put up multiple skins. Unless something has changed in the last 2 years. Though I guess they don't have to get rid of this skin when they add a new one, just not make it the default.

With modifications, (spoiler + portal; portal being a HUGE ONE) it can be a huge pain in the ass to run more than 1 skin.

I'd rather only run 1.

On a sidenote, the OLD skin we used to have in 2.0... BoHeGeHa... has been updated for 2.1.x and looks pretty damn good. There's also this black one I found that looks very appealing and smooth.

On a sidenote, the OLD skin we used to have in 2.0... BoHeGeHa... has been updated for 2.1.x and looks pretty damn good. There's also this black one I found that looks very appealing and smooth.

I loved the fuck out of that skin, it rocks

all square and with more defined colors

but yeah, what faulty said, if it isn't too much of a pain in the ass, maybe you could choose a few skins and run them for 24 hours each then let us decide.