Accelerated Evolution

E3: Cancelled or severely downsized?

oh well shit happens.....

to quote a poster from AN

Well, lets be fair here, E3 has been fun since like 1998. And with all of the money going into pointless hardware gimmicks(PS3) they may as well just stop.

At least we still have TGS and thats what matters most.

Meh, doesn't bother me at all. Video game forums are unbrowsable during E3 since it's all nothing but bitching and arguing from people who can't agree on which console had the better games. Maybe things won't get so out of hand now.

I like the idea of E3 being concentrated into a smaller event that is focused more on the developers than the show they put on for everyone with expensive booths.

Now we can get back to our roots and not worry about what kind of show we have to put on the impress the masses, but here's betting EA is pretty pissed that they can't use smoke and mirriors to make their games look good anymore.

Well there goes G4's ratings for next year.

Wait... people WATCHED that?

Anyway, they were talking about it on TWIT, and said that EA spent something like 15 million on their display. So the big companies just said.. " FUCK YOU"

However, they also believe that since this is going to be cut down and restricted, the programmers convention (I forget the name) will grow to become the new E3.

Wait... people WATCHED that?

Anyway, they were talking about it on TWIT, and said that EA spent something like 15 million on their display. So the big companies just said.. " FUCK YOU"

However, they also believe that since this is going to be cut down and restricted, the programmers convention (I forget the name) will grow to become the new E3.

GDC. Game Developers Conference.