Accelerated Evolution

Horror Remakes Discussion

I really have no problem with remakes, especially horror ones, if the finished product is well done. As much as I love Craven's The Hills Have Eyes I actually thought Aja's remake of the film was vastly superior and even more nihilistic than the original. I don't know if Pet Sematary needed to be remade but I'm interested in finding out if the director and producers really go all out in doing the film how King wrote it. Even the first adaptation was abit watered down.

I believe that movie Pulse is also a remake of either a japanese or european horror film.

Yeah, but it actually looks pretty good. Other Japanese horror remakes never interested me, but for some reason this one does.

I really have no problem with remakes, especially horror ones, if the finished product is well done. As much as I love Craven's The Hills Have Eyes I actually thought Aja's remake of the film was vastly superior and even more nihilistic than the original. I don't know if Pet Sematary needed to be remade but I'm interested in finding out if the director and producers really go all out in doing the film how King wrote it. Even the first adaptation was abit watered down.

I don't have a problem with remakes in general so long as they actually manage to improve upon the original concept rather just remake every frame of the film like the Psycho remake, which didn't really need to be remade in the first place since it is a timeless classic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

God. Damn. It.

Professional remake house Plantium Dunes and Universal's genre arm (Rogue Pictures) have signed a deal -- and the result will be (at least) four more horror remakes. On deck are redos of "The Hitcher," "Near Dark," "The Changeling," and "The Birds."

No. No. No. No. No. No. NO!

First of all, fuck them for wanting to remake Near Dark, and second, did Hollywood not learn it's lesson with Psycho? YOU DO NOT REMAKE ALFRED HITCHCOCK! FUCKERS!