Accelerated Evolution

Scrapped Princess

"Scrapped Princess is notable for high quality animation, its soundtrack (by composer Hikaru Nanase), and its themes, beginning as high fantasy and quickly mixing in varying degrees of post-apocalyptic and science fiction elements through the application of Clarke's third law. The atmosphere has undertones of sadness, though many of the characters and situations are superficially light-hearted.

Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

The story revolves around 15-year-old girl Pacifica Casull who is born into the royal family of the kingdom Leinwan and then abandoned. The 5111th Grendel Prophecy predicts that she is the "poison that will destroy the world" upon her sixteenth birthday. As a consequence, she is dropped off a cliff as an infant. Nevertheless, she survives and earns the name "Scrapped Princess" because of her fate.

Pacifica is rescued by a court wizard and adopted by the commoner Casull family. Her foster siblings - Shannon, loner swordsman, and Raquel, motherly magician - became her protectors. Both siblings are extremely powerful, and more often than not they easily break out of whatever difficult situation they face.

Her siblings travel with her throughout most of the story, protecting her from the numerous attempts on her life by people who fear the outcome of the prophecy, should she survive. Both siblings' skills see constant use. By contrast, Pacifica is a mostly typical fifteen-year-old, and her inability to defend herself is a recurring source of self-doubt for her. As the series progresses, the truth about the prophecy slowly comes to light, and Pacifica's fate to destroy the world seems to be a lie. Pacifica must discover her hidden destiny, even as powerful beings that are not human (or are they?) - who are supposedly the gods of this world - continuously fight against each other, over her fate, seeking to either protect or destroy her."

Scrapped Princess

This is an older anime, so it is possible that most of you might have seen it. But if you didn't it come HIGHLY reccommended. The story is a great mix of science fiction and fantasy, the characters, art, and music are just wonderful. It's an awesome viewing experience.

vlcsnap7924267hx8.png

Pacifica taking a bit of a fit.

vlcsnap7926359ph0.png

Pacifica and her brother Shannon

vlcsnap7926433ra5.png

vlcsnap7927017hk6.png

vlcsnap7929744ub0.png

vlcsnap7929087aa8.png

Still haven't finished Scrapped Princess, but I agree that Shannon is one of the best parts. (AND HE'S VOICED BY SHINICHIRO MIKI EEEEEEEEEEEEEE *dissolves in a puddle of fangirl*)

Darn, I totally need to finish watching it one of these days. Though I heard not-so-stellar things about the ending from a friend of mine....

Still haven't finished Scrapped Princess, but I agree that Shannon is one of the best parts. (AND HE'S VOICED BY SHINICHIRO MIKI EEEEEEEEEEEEEE *dissolves in a puddle of fangirl*)

Darn, I totally need to finish watching it one of these days. Though I heard not-so-stellar things about the ending from a friend of mine....

he is a god

yes you need to watch the rest. it is good, ive seen it all before but i'm watching it again w/ gps XD

he is a god

yes you need to watch the rest. it is good, ive seen it all before but i'm watching it again w/ gps XD

I'll make sure to take that recommendation, then. I'll have to snag a torrent of it at some point.

...Well, after I finish watching Eva, Naruto, and most of Fullmetal Alchemist. Crap, I'm behind. ^^;;